PDA

View Full Version : Battle Chasers, Animeidiot (2D)

animeidiot
11-14-2003, 01:17 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/55298/battlechasers_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/55298/battlechasers.jpg)

Found this on my cpu (forgot I had did it lol) and decided to touch it up for posting. Colors done for practice.

Pencils and inks by: Joe Madureira, and Tim Townsend

Colors: ME

MosaFacku
11-14-2003, 03:01 AM
i am a HUGE MAD fan. this is awesome color work. very sweet stuff. :buttrock:

Salaadin
11-14-2003, 03:03 AM
very very creative work man..i really like it...:thumbsup:

sebek27
11-14-2003, 03:05 AM
great ! i love Joe Madureira's work.. i remember when he did Battle Chasers and Uncanny Xmen.. what's he up to these days ?

character
11-14-2003, 03:32 AM
dude or dudette(don't want to assume anything =p), this is cool! i was looking at the pic and i was like, "that looks like mads stuff" and then i read the post and did a neo, "woah". hehe, anyways, awesome colors man. off topic, doesn't that one on the top right with the purple eyes look like the swamp thing? =p

MosaFacku
11-14-2003, 03:37 AM
ok, so its been my desktop since my first post, and after looking at it for a while, i'm not liking the red glow on the empty eye socket. but thats all thats bothering me about the pic.

:beer:

Titan
11-14-2003, 04:40 AM
I love Joe Mads dynamic, albeit manga influenced style, but what the heck happened to the guy...did he just fall off the planet or make enough money to cash out or what...anyone seen anything new from him?

nice color job man...I think the foremost demon on the lower right reads a little flat though.

Blackhorse
11-14-2003, 04:55 AM
first of all, It's amazing! beautiful color and interesting characters. I really appriciate your style.

and my opinion is:

the orange light maybe reach the back guys a little bit. so if I were you, I would add some orange light on the left and right back guys' face. don't you think so?

I hope that I could give you the different point of view of this pic.

:thumbsup:

iratethemad
11-14-2003, 05:30 AM
Last i heard he was doing artwork for a game called dragonkind

MosaFacku
11-14-2003, 05:39 AM
that went under a while back. :cry:

theartspark
11-14-2003, 05:44 AM
Hey nice coloring job! Although I do agree with MosaFacku about the red glow thing. About Joe Mad- Dragonkind was canceled due to the company going under. There is a site dedicated to Joe's work. The last thing he's done is some Street Fighter comic work for Udon. www.joemadfan.com

erazal
11-14-2003, 06:05 AM
He's making game artwork now. Havent seen anything come out from the company he's working for, but that's pretty much what i've heard. I also have the comic from Udon where he made just a couple of pages of backstory for Street Fighter. Pretty cool stuff, he should be doing the whole Street Fighter comic, the guy's pencils make the characters come to life visually, and i mean like really animated for 2d pics, and only a handful of comics do that for me.

Amazing coloring job, i actually thought it was straight out of the comic, just touched up a bit. Awesome work all around.

One thing though, are you going to touch up the gloves at all? seems so out of place, not as detailed as the rest of the picture.

just my 2 cents.

SheepFactory
11-14-2003, 07:01 AM
man I miss battlechasers so much :(

Incredible coloring , I am a huge fan of your stuff.

Protoplasma
11-14-2003, 08:11 AM
hehe, looks good ! real madureira style.
my only MINOR crit: why had u used different glow colours vor every face/monster ?
anyway thats a great job. :surprised

derelict
11-14-2003, 10:09 AM
nice and saturated

Damm
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
yay :d.. battle chasers :D... lovley pic :)
i like how the "demon" in the middle stands out a bit from the others by having a more human looking eye...
coloring=awsome :D

oh and how many Battle Chasers issues were done? i miss them so

DAREONER
11-14-2003, 11:37 AM
ouaaa terrific

TheRow
11-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Sooo evill but somehow still so nice...

If this is what u just find lying around.. I wounder what wounders u create...

I realy worship the coloring... :bowdown:
If it's not to much to ask I would like to see a tutorial from ya'!

Bye bye for now

Badname
11-14-2003, 01:40 PM
I love battleshasers! Nice painting btw.

animeidiot
11-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks for all the comments everyone! :D

I took all your critique's into consideration and made a few changes on it. And it looks nice! :thumbsup:

DaKrunch
11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
crrrrreepy!

perhaps less saturated colors would have made it even more terrifying

great anyway!

mattregnier
11-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Joe mad and all the guys @ cliffhanger would be proud. This looks to fit totally into the same coloring style as the other books. A+ job man! Lighting/color totally puts you in the grim mood that the scene is depicting with Gully's Glove hanging out of the demons mouth. Nice!

cultist
11-14-2003, 03:25 PM
great......greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat :bounce: (<= this one's cute heeheee bouncebounce)

i love those tooth, gum and eyeball.....much too demonic and i lvoe them yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

.......i'm sorry, but what indeed is battle chasers??? (i live in hongkong and i really dont know much about western comicbooks....so please excuse me if i've asked a stupid question,
:cry: )

Wonderer
11-14-2003, 04:04 PM
It seens really professional:thumbsup:

Thehustle
11-14-2003, 06:31 PM
VERY NICE INDEED

Titan
11-14-2003, 07:20 PM
I love the updates....I think it really makes it feel like it fits with the BC coloring style...
Great Job!!!

would you be intereseted in coloring a character of mine?
a coloaboration for fun? I have some similarly styled characters.

Long Duck Dong
11-14-2003, 07:29 PM
joe madueira is working at realm interactive on a game called exearch or something like that, here is the web site.

http://www.exarchonline.com/

nice coloring by the way.:thumbsup:

Long Duck Dong
11-14-2003, 07:32 PM
go to http://www.exarchonline.com/ to see what mad's been up to latley...

Kel Solaar
11-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Excellent Work, i love the style!

animeidiot
11-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Wow, thanks guys! I didn't think this would get this much attention, I'm surpised. Oh, and thanks for the links too, Iv'e been wondering what he's been up to.

Yes, I left it saturated to give it a little life. It looked a bit dull desaturated. Same goes for the eyes, although it can distract you from the main focus, that too was dull as having them all as one color. The one thing I do agree I could of taken more time with are the gloves. This was rushed I guess, done as practice to get my hand goin. I'll start taking a little more time with everything I do to catch small things like that from now on...

I'll be able to interact here more as soon as I finish a couple jobs.
I'm new here, so I'm not sure how everything is ran yet. But I definitely like it here, so I'll be back for more uploading.

I appreciate all the comments! :D

erazal
11-15-2003, 12:00 AM
9 Issues, only 9 issues of Battle Chasers were made.

I love the comics to death and i'm a big fan of Joe Mad, but damn that's pathetic for a comic book that's been around for what, like 3-4 years? maybe longer?

But i guess if you think about it, each and every one of those 9 comics are so high in quality, it doesnt seem so bad.

onlooker
11-15-2003, 12:00 AM
That is so cool. I hope you post some more of your stuff, or a link to your portfolio. I love your style. :thumbsup:

AlienPump
11-15-2003, 04:42 PM
omg the colors are just ... insane!!!!!!!!! very very nice!!!
yeah I would like to see more of thaT stuff if you have any!!! crazy coloring man...

3mm
11-15-2003, 06:38 PM
great work
go to this site:
http://www.joemadfan.com
this is fan site of MAD!

animeidiot
11-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the site 3mm. Yeah, thats where I went to get the inks to color with, lol. I submittd a few fanarts too. They should be up soon.

I do have more colors, but I dont think I want to post too many that weren't drawn by me. I just dont like the feeling. So I'll be posting digital paintings and maybe some colors using my lineart.

charithmax
11-18-2003, 04:35 AM
Superb!:thumbsup:

major nice concept and good use of effects!

i love it!

katana2665
03-02-2004, 10:39 PM
This brought back some nice memories. It was a shame to see someone who was at the top of the heap, walk away from it, when the rest of us are just trying to get our foot in the door.Nicely done.

chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.