this is a my first model.
I am ashamed of myself.
My english is poor.
Therefore, I'm not replies ^^;;;
welcome to my home
http://hyundesign.bcpark.net/

Salaadin
11-14-2003, 01:59 AM
the concept idea is amazing as well as the whole atmosphere..textures too...great work

:thumbsup:

PhilWesson
11-14-2003, 01:59 AM
OH

MY

GOD

wow, i love it. would NOT wanna be on the business end of that thing. what app? how long? how many polys? Which end is the front?

wedge
11-14-2003, 02:00 AM
this is really nice. it's a bit cluttered though.

i like it, but i don't understand why this is plugged, to be honest.

linus3d
11-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Sweet looking model; could you render a front-shot? I want to get a better look at it. Nice work!

jdsb
11-14-2003, 02:05 AM
i really like this ,very creative work.
and congratulations for getting plugged lightning fast :surprised ,of course its likeable :) :wavey:

Soeren Nielsen
11-14-2003, 02:17 AM
its nice, but IMO it doesnt deserve a plug, seen way better things not get one

Annuostivix
11-14-2003, 02:23 AM
congratulations on getting plugged! But I think you can improve this work in a lot of ways still. But even so, geat job, this looks very cool. It feels very busy and I don't know if this is the front or the back. Those are my main complaints.

character
11-14-2003, 02:29 AM
first off, great work. i think the left hand could use some work as far as a pose is concerned. it's not dynamic at all and is detracting from the picture. as for all you folks that think this isn't front page material, email or pm a mod, don't tell the artist in his post that you've seen better and think it's not front page worthy. that's being rude and inconsiderate to the artist.

Fasty
11-14-2003, 02:33 AM
Cool! I'd love to see a turn-a-round animation of this. Any plans on making him move? I'd love to see him fly too!

Atwooki
11-14-2003, 02:35 AM
I think it's absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Remember 'The 'Fly', (Jeff Goldblum)?

If he'd have got in that pod with a bit of coral and a toy 'Starship Enterprise' who knows what would have come out???

Seriously tho', a lovely concept :applause:

Atwooki

adldesigner
11-14-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by character
as for all you folks that think this isn't front page material, email or pm a mod, don't tell the artist in his post that you've seen better and think it's not front page worthy. that's being rude and inconsiderate to the artist.

I agree.

Very cool stuff mate.
How about trying some action poses?

Soeren Nielsen
11-14-2003, 02:39 AM
Allright, to give it some more valid crit, than just say that I'we seen way better stuff around not getting plugged, here goes.

I really cant figure out, what is front and what is back. Fingers seems imcomplete, and not posed, grey metal parts, look plasticy and not completed either, (hard edges). Some areas of the texturing seem like they are moved a bit, thinking about the scratches that would be at the tip of areas, but are moved a bit, so they dont really make sense. Overrall I think it could do with alot of improvement. And Im not saying this to be an ass, Im just pointing out my oppinion about it, and I dont feel that is is anywhere near a plug.

urgaffel
11-14-2003, 02:43 AM
I have to agree with Soeren, it's a nice piece of work, but there's lots of room for improvment. He nailed it pretty well.

Cosmic Fool
11-14-2003, 02:53 AM
I've been looking at that for about 5 minutes now, and I still can't figure out what it is. It looks like it would just topple over. Is that a foot coming out of the left side? And is that a tail? or a sword? or something else? Maybe a bit of an explanation would clear things up.

RYGUY182
11-14-2003, 02:59 AM
very kool design! i like it alot! would really like to see some other poses (action) and as for all those talking how it shouldnt be plugged i agree with character, someone that saw it obviously thought it was deserving of a plug or it wouldnt have gotten one. so congrats to you hyundesign, on the plugging.

nvaughn
11-14-2003, 03:35 AM
I think its great, i just need bearings as to what everything actually is. As with everyone else, i can't tell what that machine thing is doing or if that is a front or back pose. Keep it up. Just post a front shot of him. Then go whacko and do action shots.

hyundesign
11-14-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Salaadin
the concept idea is amazing as well as the whole atmosphere..textures too...great work

:thumbsup:

thank you
I am ashamed of myself.

Ibox
11-14-2003, 03:43 AM
work is good ...

Zerflag
11-14-2003, 03:56 AM
Apologies all around.

Soeren Nielsen
11-14-2003, 04:07 AM
dont want to start a flame war here. But when you have no idea if a person is jealous, then you shouldnt state it. I never posted anything that was near a plug, that kinda needs the piece to be finished.

Ibox
11-14-2003, 04:13 AM
ok ...

Zerflag
11-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Nice design. I think that as a finished image it could use some more work, the positioning of this mech (back view) makes things pretty indistinct, you can't really tell so much what's going on, which I think is what's caused a lot of the negative sort of comments. Also, maybe compositionally it could be a little more interesting. But as a first work, it's very nice. Keep it up, but as with everything, there's room for improvement.

Wiro
11-14-2003, 04:40 AM
I don't really understand the design either and I think the perspective could have been better. People have already pointed out the difficulty in understanding whats back and whats front so I won't get into that.

But as for the purpose of the plugs, they aren't neccesarily there to highlight the greatest new stuff but to promote budding artists AND provide eyecandy. This guy has great potential and I can't see anything bad in making his name known so he can improve.

Like Character said in an earlier post, it would be better if you PM or email the mods about this.

Wiro

stezzy
11-14-2003, 04:41 AM
hey man that cool, i like it...:thumbsup: where the concept came from i mean how you get this idea :)

good work~!!

GhostMouse
11-14-2003, 05:28 AM
1st things first ... dont be ashamed of yourself, this is really good work.

2nd ... I doubt this is your first model :D

DOOMNINJA
11-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Ok, common! look at the legs! That is the back people.

The heel portion of the foot is smaller and shorter than the front part, so since the heel part is faceing us, the mech must be faceing away. Plus, if you look at the arm, the elbow is pointed towards us, and even if the arm does swivel back 180o, the hand would be upside down, and why would you pose a mech with its arm backwards anyway?

It's got chicken legs! so the reverse joint legs that he modeled are showing the joint mechanism from the heel to the reverse knee angled towards us, meaning its faceing away.

Plus, unless the mech likes flying BACKWARDS, i don't really think the front would be covered with booster jets.

....and if im wrong, please feel free to throw any manner of stones at me. Large ones included! yay!

hehe, I do see where the confusion comes from, the perspective shows A LOT of the detail, but the detail tends to run together because theres so much in the shot, and it tends to eclipse vital parts that would give us a better indication of the mechs composition run on sentance if you dont stop waiting for a period you will suffocate. Ahhhh, theres one.

Anyway, gramatical errors aside, I will give anyone who catches the cartoon quote a prize!

-Doom

P.S. Doom.

hackie
11-14-2003, 05:44 AM
i like the design of the robot and think that you
seemed to execute the concept design pretty well.
i'd love to take a look at the concept art if you have it.
it woud have been way nicer if you'd worked more on texture.
texture itself is pretty good, however i saw the some of repetition
and stretch on the robot.
other than that! awesome work!!!!

ji revolutions¢ā

¼ö°ķĒĻ¼Ģ½æ“Ł!!!:buttrock:

pearson
11-14-2003, 05:45 AM
I don't really care if something isn't that great and it gets plugged, but if it stays plugged for four days...I like to see plugs change several times a day unless the work is super hot...but that's me. :shrug: (plus as someone in this thread already mentioned, there are lots of people who jump into a plugged thread and assume it's the best ever just because it got plugged. lol)

This piece could be stronger. And I know you know how to do it because this one (http://myweb.bcpark.net/~hyundesign/cgi-bin/bbs/data/mywork/p5.jpg) is awesome.

Your low-poly work is great, but this high-poly one needs work. The details that would normally be in the texture (rivets, seams) need to be modeled. The model is also too smooth all over, there need to be sharp areas for contrast.

I think one of the biggest problems is the angle; it makes it very hard to tell where things are and what they are meant to do. On the model I linked to above, the angle is very clear..much better.

Keep up the good work! Moving from low to high-poly is rough, but you'll get it! :cool:

sizzlebits
11-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Impressive. Excellent modeling.

Protoplasma
11-14-2003, 06:31 AM
marvelous shot.
the modeling in very good and this tex is stunning. what`s one or two images from another perspective ?
Great work !

llleee
11-14-2003, 06:33 AM
Wow...my first post ever, though I have been checking out this site for at least 2 years.

Good design, but I think the fingers are too long and it looks out of place, like a woman's fingers on a man's body.

Overall, very good. Nice detailing on the weapons.

Did you do it using patches/surface/polygon modelling?

www.lesly.0catch.com

Sqwall
11-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Very nice and detailded. But there is one thing i cant figure out for myself? How the heck thins thing is working. :rolleyes:

erazal
11-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Wiro: But as for the purpose of the plugs, they aren't neccesarily there to highlight the greatest new stuff but to promote budding artists AND provide eyecandy. This guy has great potential and I can't see anything bad in making his name known so he can improve.

Nuff Said.

Pufferfish
11-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Nice modelling, not very easy to see what is going on in that pic, could you please give us some more, front, side and maybe some other shots.

Anyhow, would not want to meet that thing in dark alley.:thumbsup:

DaKrunch
11-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Hi!
great - i mean GREAT modelling

textures are cool, too but I don't really like the you distributed them on the surface.

Not that they are stretched - not at all!
just the scratches look some way casually distributed, without really thinking where to focus them.

great piece.

My first model sucked.

thx1138
11-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Dude, never mind your English, this model is absolutely great :thumbsup:

Geco
11-14-2003, 08:58 AM
i agree, great model! :thumbsup:

future14
11-14-2003, 09:28 AM
first, it's awesome, second, it's gorgeous....oh man!!!

WillJohn
11-14-2003, 09:38 AM
ahhh first model ever... Good work then Non English Speaking guy..

Now i understand the possibilities of reading.

Thx scribble.

-Will

scribble
11-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Quite an effort for a first model I'd say Will. :applause:

dwin
11-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Great job... Cool!!

Bliz
11-14-2003, 10:10 AM
My immediate thoughts are that it's way off balance. It would need a very extended heel to stop falling backwards. Some sort of extendable tripod structure could have been incorporated into the design for when the mech isn't in flight.

Though it is obvious to me which is the front and back. Generally on a mech the big machine gun things point forward and the thruster jets jut out the back ;)

I like the texture though it is repeated a lot. A few oil/lubricant marks seeping from the joints and some ingrained dust around the feet would have added to it IMO.

The main thing that doesn't look right to me is that the general form of the parts are either very 'blobby' i.e. the front toes or very sharp but flat i.e. the cylindrical sleeves preceeding the rear-most thrusters.
There doesn't seem to be any pieces that look 'manufactored', no sharp seams, rivets, latches, hinges, intake valves, cooling vents etc.

My guess is that this model started off as a low poly model and he's subdivided it which is why a lot of the parts have that blobby look.

I do like a good mech model and this concept has potential but to me it looks like it could have done with a few more days work to give it a quality finish.

Kel Solaar
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Excellent Work!

santiago
11-14-2003, 10:51 AM
A few critiques...

The tapered pipes that hold those exhaustion-looking pipes in the back are lacking texture in comparison to the rest of the model. If this was your intention then perhaps you can add detail to these features in some other way that can avoid conflicts in level of detail in the model.

I think those angled tubes in the heels of a light emerald or greenish color could be improved, I can't figure out what material they would be made of, their smoothness is not well-defined, perhaps work on their smoothing groups and work a little more on their texture and level of specularity, maybe the highlights are too strong and widespread.

The red texture lacks a bump map, at least in my opinion it could lack some bump. I'm personally not crazy about the organic shape of the feet, and it would look better in my opinion with som surface ruggedness in some parts, especially near the edges, and perhaps some of those I don't know how to call them... creases? You know, like those little dark spaces on cars between the opening parts like doors and hood and the rest of the outer surface.

I would like to see darker shadows, you know,. greater contrast.
I think the secondary lights you placed are a bit too srong and take away some depth to the model, the lighting has flattened the overall illustration.
The persepective highlights the exhaustion-looking pipes and the heels of this model, but I think there could be a better pose for showcasing these details. First of all showing the models head or eyes would be better, if it has them. Perhaps having the model crouch down like it were ready to sprint, with its head turning over towards the viewer, you can still see the pipes spiking upwards and the heels in a positiion ready to spring into action... I dunno, something like that would call my attention

hope this helps at all

for what it's worth, I think you've done a great job for this being your first model, keep it up man

7hour
11-14-2003, 11:30 AM
nice work dude , wireframe plz ^^:wip:

ninjacore
11-14-2003, 01:41 PM
i think a lovely big render from the front would settle all this! i'd like to see what he looks like from the front! thats maybe what you should have done first of all. also a reposition of the arm and fingers would make it a bit better.

the thing to remember with some gundam style mechs is that proportions are rediculous, especially these kind:

example one (http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/Nightingale6%5B1%5D.jpg)
example 2 (http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/P1010014%5B1%5D.jpg)
example 3 (http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/SDBlue3%5B1%5D.jpg)

Your low poly work on your website is great! i really like the 4 legged mech and the chinese houses.

Conclusion: Front Render:buttrock:

emm
11-14-2003, 02:43 PM
hi!

nice render and texture-details. but to be honest,
it`s pretty useless! I`ve been starring at my little laptop-screen
for 5mins, and still - I`ts just useless!

..maybe it`s therefore I find it some fascinating?

wierd.

anyway, congrats on the plug.

:)

-m

CarmineRedrum
11-14-2003, 02:53 PM
Santiago nailed it...

I would like to see darker shadows, you know,. greater contrast.

Ill agree that the model has a potential to be very strong but the lighting rapes it of volume and presence.

Wonderer
11-14-2003, 02:59 PM
fantastic!:buttrock: But I would like to see some other renderings like a wire, please?:bounce:

chrisWhite
11-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Very cool design and texturing work :thumbsup:, like everyone else I'd love to see more views of this, but it looks nice from this angle (the back?) Anyway, nice job on the modeling and texturing!

Thehustle
11-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Id like to see the front

jdsb
11-14-2003, 06:17 PM
same here...
but i am not too sure the guy can understand english very well..:hmm:

Vhalik
11-14-2003, 10:56 PM
I really like it!

MAN!! If this is the kind of treatment someone gets with their first model or first plug then I am NEVER POSTING my stuff on this site ever!

Keep working hard; I really like your model.

:beer:

chrisWhite
11-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Just though I'd mention he has a (small) wireframe of the model on his home page: http://myweb.bcpark.net/~hyundesign/

Kenshin_himura
11-15-2003, 12:12 AM
IMO this is a good WIP model that was plugged to get critiqued and everyone has done so pretty thuroughly.

I think from a seconds glance when it first came up, it looked like a much better model than when you actually get to look at it in detail. So it has to get some credit.

The End
nice model.

AndHolzmeister
11-15-2003, 02:03 AM
Nice concept...
really nice concept....

welll people are asking why this work was plugged... well it does not look like it is so hard to model it, but i guarantee you guys its lot of trouble to create de conceptual design.... it“s design is awesome... thats why it“s plugged...

TheShaddix
11-15-2003, 04:46 AM
THat robot is the best thing ive ever seen in this forum. I think that red color is the best for it, but you should add some parts with reflectivity(only a few). I think that the turbines are useless there, or at least, use the same material for them.
I suggest that you add more protection to the arms such as shields and stuff. Make the fingers a bit shorter, and the feet more sharper.
BUt overall, thats an amazing piece. It deserves a dedicated web site based on that robot, if you know what i mean (http://bionicsystems.de/index02.html) something like that.
If i had that kind of model, id be proud of it.

igorsandman
11-15-2003, 08:55 AM
I like the texture. It looks old that way. Cool.
see you.
-IS-

T0BER
11-15-2003, 03:29 PM
If it's a fan model then it's a decent model, if it's an original design then you have done well - I like it. :)

I too am curious to see a front view though.

I think it has been a while since an actual mech design was on the front page.

kingston
11-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Everything I have notice has been said so why bother say it. But I do have something to add.

Why do people even post here if they don’t plan to take part with the conversation. I mean this guy has posed once. I know not everyone can bum around cgTalk all day but really there has been lots of requests for clarification and more renders. I do understand that he/she might not speak English very well but then what is the point of posting it on a mainly English forum, and getting mainly English feed back?

Alright I think I am done, ohh yeah wait I will say that this thing is ridiculously off balance and it looks like any sort of nudge would topple him over.

Kenshin_himura
11-15-2003, 05:33 PM
good point KING.

^Lele^
11-15-2003, 06:04 PM
i followed a link to check the wireframe.
I found a PLETHORA of 3d GAME models of mech, with full texture mapping, insane detail, and very low poly count.
I am wondering.
Am i the ONLY non-asian language reader that checked his site, and clicked on MY WORK (http://myweb.bcpark.net/~hyundesign/cgi-bin/bbs/zboard.php?id=mywork) ?

I think this model is really, really cool.
He's at least shown creativity, attention to detail, and toroughness in the modelling (check the WIREFRAME).
And guess what, is not another car done with the maker's references(with all the due respect to the ones who actually like doing them, or watching them done, of course): is ORIGINAL WORK!
As such, i can't see the reason for strange posts on the lenght of the heels, or the shape of its kneecap :surprised : u have one camera angle, perspective distortion trough an unknown focal lens, AND NO REFERENCE.
i'd like to understand HOW one could get the isometric proportions right please, 'coz i completely miss that point.

Texturewise, i'm quite confident the guy has NOT tiled it, but rather painted it to the finer of detail (again, i keep looking, but all i see is maybe a slippage of the UV's here and there, on minor bits, while i CLEARLY see the paint rubbed off the edges of each finger -left hand- and so on, but DEFINITELY no tiling).
Then again his main skill might not be lighting, or choosing a camera angle.
But before KILLING the guy with crudeness and rudeness, be at least sure to check out an url HE gives, and try and weight this one with the rest of his work.

I think he at least deserves constructive criticism, if not, like from my part, utter and complete RESPECT and ADMIRATION :bowdown:

Of course i am dying to see another camera angle, or even better, play with the model myself, to be honest :drool:

Go on man, u're definitely leaving a mark!

my 2 cents

Lele

DOOMNINJA
11-16-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by ^Lele^

...Am i the ONLY non-asian language reader that checked his site, and clicked on MY WORK (http://myweb.bcpark.net/~hyundesign/cgi-bin/bbs/zboard.php?id=mywork) ?

No... I made the mistake of doing that as well. I was held in thrall by the hypnotically colourfull pulsateing lizard in the corner for HOURS. It's a trap! Don't listen to him! AHHH!

-Doom

Bliz
11-16-2003, 09:48 AM
To Kingston, exactly. I agree.

To ^LeLe^, I didn't know it was a prerequisite to visit someone's URL if you wanted to post a comment about the piece of work they posted?!!

(from ^LeLe^) " i can't see the reason for strange posts on the lenght of the heels, or the shape of its kneecap : u have one camera angle, perspective distortion trough an unknown focal lens, AND NO REFERENCE.
i'd like to understand HOW one could get the isometric proportions right please, 'coz i completely miss that point."

I completely miss your point? Are you saying you look at the render and using the 'given assumption' that parts of the object are symetrical , can't in your minds eye work out where everything is generally placed in 3D space? Are you saying you look at it and are satsfied it wouldn't topple over backwards? Maybe it only exists in Zero-G? If so fine! But we don't know because the creator hasn't responded to any posts.

If you post a picture to a forum with thousands of members you have to expect that not everybody is going to like it or agree with the thoughts behind it's creation.
If you want to give someone "utter and complete RESPECT and ADMIRATION " then that's your right but don't tell everybody else to ignore their artistic intuition, insight, creative education and gut feelings.

^Lele^
11-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Bliz
To Kingston, exactly. I agree.

oh, didn't realise the racist mood was growing...
jeez loord.
no matter where u turn, there's always somebody wishing to feel in the most exclusive club ever to be, and ALONE.
So be it.
Italians post on an italian forum, so germans, and french, and asian of all sorts, please.
I don't want to know what categories are gonna come up next.
This is definitely ONLY for ppl that can bounce back many times to DEFEND (?!?!?) themselves and their creations, and ONLY in perfect english?

Come again, please?

To ^LeLe^, I didn't know it was a prerequisite to visit someone's URL if you wanted to post a comment about the piece of work they posted?!!

U did know, or u didn't? i can't set the tone on the sentence, sorry, me english's BAD.
U'll never need to know who Gabriel Garcia Marquez is to read one of his books. It'd help the understanding, though, mate.
Then again...

I completely miss your point? Are you saying you look at the render and using the 'given assumption' that parts of the object are symetrical , can't in your minds eye work out where everything is generally placed in 3D space? Are you saying you look at it and are satsfied it wouldn't topple over backwards? Maybe it only exists in Zero-G? If so fine!
no mate, i'm afraid not.
I do not assume, at most i wonder...
Guessing is one thing.
Liking another.
Having DATA another again.
As far as i am concerned, the thing does NOT topple, because even if the SURFACE of the "wings" is huge (hence in real earth condition having to withstand quite a pressure from the atmosphere), they might also be of totally different a material (in my mind's eye), extremely light (being wings), and being with antigrav bishbosh not only stay there, but even tilt the poor thing forward, when they push him in the air...
Oh. A different mind's eye, a different perception...
How could i be WRONG? Is perception. But still no DATA.

To make you clear what i meant, see if you can draw me a side view and a front view of this simple objects

Image (http://www.emanuele-lecchi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/analise_this!.jpg)

But we don't know because the creator hasn't responded to any posts.

I AGREE!
So that gives you the right to ANSWER for him, and his proportions?
I think gives right to QUESTIONING, but for the answer i'd be steadily waiting for him...

If you post a picture to a forum with thousands of members you have to expect that not everybody is going to like it or agree with the thoughts behind it's creation.
If you want to give someone "utter and complete RESPECT and ADMIRATION " then that's your right but don't tell everybody else to ignore their artistic intuition, insight, creative education and gut feelings.
I do not think i actually did say so, but it might be perspective as well.

In any case, the fact that a forum is a place for critics and appreciations alike, does not mean one has to do either of those for the sake of it... Especially when we talk about canning somebody else's hard work and dedication, in the name of a whim (be it the plug, the perspective or a non-existent tiling texture...).
Not that i'd , you know, REPRESS such a thing even if i could, no.
Freedom must go both ways to work.
But i'd still wouldn't like it, and couldn't be helped.

What anyone's expectation of a post is, is -sorry mate- nothing else than personal.
And one might be happy to say: here it is, i'm done with it, i can't care, enjoy or destroy.
Or post and forget.
Or balance finely the perception of his self on the judgement given.
We may not know, even the ones who respond never say how much it matters to them.
Still i'd stick to the quality of the image, and NOT to the language, or to what he should or should not have expected.

u gave your two cents, i gave mine, let's stick to that.

Yes i do respect his work. I also admire his patience :D

ALL of this is, of course, just an opinion.
As if i was talking to myself alone (yeah, i've got the monsters)...

But PLEASE as long as there is no BREACH of FORUM RULES in not speaking a perfect english, i'd LOVE for this crap on language to simply GO AWAY.

my 2 cents

L.

Wiro
11-16-2003, 01:38 PM
If you read the first post you'll see the author added in that he won't reply to the thread due to his bad english. He probably still is happy about any crits though, positive or negative.

But please keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and there is no reason to critisize someone's critisizm
Respect what others have to say even if you disaggree.

[edit]
The "you" is plural, not directed at any specific individuals. Agh, that English... :)

Wiro

horoXhoro
11-16-2003, 01:55 PM
woow...nice mecha

but no front view...i really wan to see the front of tis mecha..should be very interesting:drool:

keep it up...great job dude:thumbsup:

Bliz
11-16-2003, 02:17 PM
oh, didn't realise the racist mood was growing...
jeez loord.

Whoa, whoa!! Easy Tiger!! Where is the racist sentiment in mine or anybody elses posts???!

If it was an english speaking person that posted once and didn't join in then the same comments would have been made.

If a non-english person posted and then answered every query in his or her native dialect then I'd be inclined to throw the text into babelfish.com if I was curious about the original query.

Race has nothing to do with it.

I do not assume, at most i wonder...
Guessing is one thing.
Liking another.
Having DATA another again.
As far as i am concerned, the thing does NOT topple, because even if the SURFACE of the "wings" is huge (hence in real earth condition having to withstand quite a pressure from the atmosphere), they might also be of totally different a material (in my mind's eye), extremely light (being wings), and being with antigrav bishbosh not only stay there, but even tilt the poor thing forward, when they push him in the air...
Oh. A different mind's eye, a different perception...
How could i be WRONG? Is perception. But still no DATA.

To make you clear what i meant, see if you can draw me a side view and a front view of this simple objects

Image (http://www.emanuele-lecchi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/analise_this!.jpg)

I could give you a front and side orthagonal views if you can wait a few hours when I have some spare time (At the moment I'd rather spend the time refuting racists accusations)
It's not a big deal even though your image isn't symetrical like the mech is, it would still be quite easy because you have given other information in the image. (hopefully you aren't insinuating that the mech doesn't have some symetrical elements?)
Some 3D artists have to match objects to live plates and model proxy models to recieve shadows. It's just another facet of being a 3D artist.

In any case, the fact that a forum is a place for critics and appreciations alike, does not mean one has to do either of those for the sake of it... Especially when we talk about canning somebody else's hard work and dedication, in the name of a whim (be it the plug, the perspective or a non-existent tiling texture...).

No one is canning anybody's work on a whim. People take time out to reply to a post. I'd rather have 20 people see problems with my work and post rather than seeing 2 replies of simply "good work!" while the 'views' column on the forum index is racing into the hundreds
The posts are all people just stating what they see.

But PLEASE as long as there is no BREACH of FORUM RULES in not speaking a perfect english, i'd LOVE for this crap on language to simply GO AWAY.

my 2 cents

L.

This 'crap on language' only exists in your head. People brought up his nationality as they were putting forward theories on why he hasn't responded.

^Lele^
11-16-2003, 05:22 PM
I do understand that he/she might not speak English very well but then what is the point of posting it on a mainly English forum, and getting mainly English feed back?

Reading the comments, in your own time, understaning what best you can, without being pressurised into trying and writing?
Questionable, but possible and completely legit.

Alright I think I am done, ohh yeah wait I will say that this thing is ridiculously off balance and it looks like any sort of nudge would topple him over.

uh man.
Read the post above.
It made me itch, and quite a lot (kingston i guess.)
ONE reason to discriminate or HINT to discrimination is one too many for me.
I told u i have the monsters in my head.
But they keep telling me that that is derogatory as a whole.
NOT critical, but heavily sarchastic.

I could give you a front and side orthagonal views if you can wait a few hours when I have some spare time (At the moment I'd rather spend the time refuting racists accusations)
It's not a big deal even though your image isn't symetrical like the mech is, it would still be quite easy because you have given other information in the image. (hopefully you aren't insinuating that the mech doesn't have some symetrical elements?)

It is NOT as simple as u make it.
In fact, it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to make out a correct orthogonal view from there.
But that's not me, is either one of my monsters saying it, or trygonometry.
As a wild guess, without spendig your hours DOING it...
What kind of objects are those two?
How much is the cylinder sticking from the cube?
One width of the cube itself? two? Three? or maybe half.
Is it a cube?The other a cylinder?
Am i in an isometric view, a perspective one, what?
Your mind's eye should be able to pick out quite a lot from two such simple objects...
But you are right, i guess.
Spend a tad more time thinking about how many ways there are for racism (call it discrimination, if u fancy it) to creep up on the back of the neck, and how easy it is to be blind and unsensitive to it when you're not personally on the receiving hand.

another couple of cents, from me and me monsters.
L.

Bliz
11-16-2003, 06:01 PM
It is NOT as simple as u make it.
In fact, it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to make out a correct orthogonal view from there.

No it's not, unless you have changed the laws of physics to make yourself correct.

(hint:- the light and the shadow)

^Lele^
11-16-2003, 06:24 PM
go on then :D
here it is again.
Remember Escher! (http://www.emanuele-lecchi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/analise_this!.jpg):arteest:
;)
L.

TheShaddix
11-17-2003, 04:02 AM
Tell me, whats the point of posting comments if the author may has forgotten the thread already. No response at all. If he doesnt know any enlish, he can at least say thanks guys, or something nice eh.
He cant even render more views, even though people keep asking for it. THat robot is really nice, but is it worth posting so many comments, not even having the author replied to them?

^Lele^
11-17-2003, 11:29 AM
uh, i guess mental exercise will have to do as a reason ;)

L.

P.S. he posted something else, as well, but mind u, that as well is probably going down the same lane...
No replies there either :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.