PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Problem

WilkesAnimations
01-03-2012, 04:49 AM
Hello all you modellers out there!

Thank you for clicking this post. I was wondering if someone on here would be able to help me. I'm trying to model Vestalife's Firefly iPod Speaker and after 2 weeks of struggling I have not been able to create it since I'm not very experienced at modelling. I was wondering if someone could possibly model it for me and send it me (Preferably as .obj or .3ds). I know this is a lot to ask especially from an unexperienced user and modeller however I would be so grateful. You wouldn't have to add any kind of colour or texture and it wouldn't have to be Pixar standard or anything. There is a picture underneath.

http://s3files.core77.com/blog/images/0rksfirefly.jpg

Dansolo
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Why don't you post an image of where you are upto, what areas you are struggling with ?

You might get more replies from people showing you how to go about making it.

You will benifit from the learning experience and it may come in use in later projects.

Masterbox
01-14-2012, 11:36 PM
I have an idea on how to model the speaker mesh. Just model a small section as a flat surface and duplicate the rest. After all is combined and verts merged, use soft select to shape it. You could also use ncloth dynamics and make the mesh fall on a sphere to get that shape you want.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2012, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.