PDA

View Full Version : lagoa fluid sim question

cakewalkr7
01-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I have a good understanding of creating a basic fluid sim with lagoa but now that I want to do something different with fluids, I'm not sure what to do. Basically I want to create an animation of a glass of still water and drop an object into it to cause splashes. So, the only way that I could think to do this with my current understanding is to have a timeline that runs maybe a few thousand frames so that I have about 500 or so to fill the glass, then enough for the particles to stand still and then another 500-1000 to create the drop and splashes.

Is there a way to start with at frame 1 with a glass full of particles? If so, how? Thanks.

sciics
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
did you try "pre roll" option box in the multi physics box?

cakewalkr7
01-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes, I set that to 175 which is when my glass should be about halfway filled up. But when I hit the play button it just delays playing for a few seconds and then starts pouring the particles into an empty glass instead of starting with a half filled glass. Is there another parameter that I need to enable with the pre roll?

cakewalkr7
01-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I just tried it again and increased the pre roll from 175 to 250. This time I had a small amount of particles in the bottom of the glass. I then increased it to 500 and had the same result. Then I increased my total number of frames to 5000 with a pre roll of 1500 and again, no difference in the amount of particles in my glass. Any idea what might be going wrong? Thanks.

sciics
01-05-2012, 02:59 AM
ok,

create a geometry which assumable looks like the content of the glass e.g cylinder or cone.
once you have placed it in the area of the glass, use the create volume emission with the glass as you collision target. that should do the trick.

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2012, 02:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.