PDA

View Full Version : IMage seuqnce in NUKE

larmannjan
12-30-2011, 06:01 PM
how do I render an image sequence in nuke? I got the write node and it looks like this.
I doesn't work

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56626305@N05/6601849881/lightbox/

beaker
12-30-2011, 08:44 PM
You should check out the included pdf manual called "Nuke Getting Started". Look at chapter "Compositing Basics" > "Rendering final output"

Here is a direct copy/paste from the manual:
Using the Nuke frame number variable
What’s that ”####” bit in the filename, you say? That’s the variable that tells Nuke where to place the sequential numbers or frame numbers. You only type one name to represent the image sequence, but Nuke will create one image file for each frame in your shot.

So, in this case, you entered “first_comp.####.exr” but Nuke will render these files for frames 1 through 5: “first_comp.0001.exr,” “first_comp.0002.exr,” “first_comp.0003.exr,” “first_comp.0004.exr,” and “first_comp.0005.exr.” You can change the number of hash marks in the variable—##, ###, #####—to change the number of padded digits for the frame numbers.

An alternative way of marking frame numbers is the Printf (%0d) notation. In this case, the same frame numbers would look like this: "first_comp.%04d.exr". Instead of the number of hash marks, with the printf notation you would change the number before d to adjust the number of padded digits, for example "%03d" or "%05d". You can choose which style you want to use by setting Sequence Display Mode option on the Appearance tab of the Preferences.

larmannjan
12-31-2011, 01:07 PM
thanks.
I will use the manual from now on :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-31-2011, 01:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.