PDA

View Full Version : Cycles normal/displacement map

WildDuck
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi,

Is there the possibility to use normal map or displacement map generated from Zbrush in cycles?

Thanks

ChukChuk
12-30-2011, 10:20 PM
I've never used zbrush so i'm assuming they are just standard, normal and displacement maps and i believe you can however I remember reading that either one of them or both are still under development and isn't properly working.

whom
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
nevermind...

selvanegra
01-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Normal maps don't work or look very bad, but displacement maps are really good with cycles.

Toxic-Blender
04-06-2012, 03:56 PM
like selvanegra said, the displacement maps work well in cycles, you got to the node editor, add the displacement map as an image texture, and plug it into the material output node's displacement connector. however, concerning normal maps, i've heard you can treat it like a displacement map if you first plug it into the RGB to BW converter node and then plug that into the Material output node, but it won't be nearly high quality that you might want...

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2012, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.