PDA

View Full Version : Overthinking

Doreo
12-29-2011, 01:05 AM
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/5449/scan0005d.jpg

Rough sketch of... well... me.

It's an idea for a drawing I had quite a while ago, I always overthink everything and it ends up really confusing and distracting me because instead of going away everything just stays in my mind and I can't make any thoughts go away.

Additionally, I only started drawing recently and while I have all those ideas in my head it's hard for me to get them on paper because of my limited skill level and all the other thoughts in my head.

Myself, the lips, the refrigerator and the fish are copied from reference images, I tried to draw things from my mind but at 2am (when I started drawing) it's extremely hard to concentrate.

I'll sit on it more tomorrow, I know the right shoulder should be lower and that my body should be more to the right to make the right arm longer. I still haven't figured out the torso, and clothes would come in a much later stage.

What should I do with the left arm? I know the it should be smaller but I really didn't find a place where it does not seem awkwardly positioned :S

Cheers,
Doreo

N.B.
Hopefully I'm not asking for too much, but I'm a visual learner so if you could overpaint or just comment via drawing rather than with words it would be much better (only if you have lots of time and want to help a beginner though :applause: although if you don't have a lot of time but still wanna help that would be great too!)

Lunatique
12-29-2011, 04:52 AM
When I see work posted that is lacking a lot in the foundations of visual art, it becomes too hard to critique and offer advice, because just about everything is wrong. At such a phase in your artistic growth, it's far more important to buckle down and learn the foundations instead of trying to construct images on your own.

I you haven't been to the Art Techniques and Theories forum, I highly suggest you read the sticky threads in it (linked below in my signature), and from those sticky threads, you'll find lots of awesome resources that show you the way in how to become a better artist.

Doreo
12-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Alright.

Thanks! I'll check it out! :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2011, 10:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.