PDA

View Full Version : Creating a "spot the difference" node for checking subtle changes

eonridr
12-25-2011, 03:09 AM
HI everyone!

I am on a project where there are two raw scans taken at a different times, but there were subtle changes in the background. I will be working mainly on Scan A, and replacing scan A's background with scan B on certain parts. But there will be times where I can just use Scan A's background too to save my time.

Most of the footage in Scan A and B are largely the same, but I need to spot the difference and cleanup what I need.

The footages are on 4k and about 2000 frames long and on normal cases I would probably just use my eye to check, but this is getting really dry and troublesome, and I think the logical way is seek some help which is why I am here.

I am currently viewing the two scans in viewer, in different numbers, going back and forth for my see which frames needed to apply changes. Also using wipe in viewer. But I was wondering if there could be an easier way using a script to possibly help me "spot the difference", or highlighting the difference out through the long frame range, It would have been such a great great help.

Wondering if anyone would have any ideas around this? haha, thanks for reading!

P.S - Merry christmas all! have a great year ahead!

pingking
12-25-2011, 07:29 PM
did you try to use a merge on "difference"?

eonridr
12-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi pingking, thanks for your reply.

Yea I did, is that the best I can use? cos merge different does have some impurities at the result. was thinking whether theres one that merge both smoothly and just show the result in different something like merge difference?

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2011, 09:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.