PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Gundam in Hangar

Romz-boot
11-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Hey everybody... some o f you may have already seen my DeathScythe... but I wasn't very happy with just him, so I made a hangar for it...
Though this is the final image (and I'm gonna start other projects, so i won't continue working on this one) I'd like for you to c&c, so I can use them for future works...
Here's the image:

http://romzpage.hypermart.net/hangar2.jpg

Thanx for taking the time to look in here =]
Bye!

Njen
11-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Cool mecha, but I think this could really benefit by more contrast in the lighting. Add a brighter light source as the main illumination, and fill it out with some area lights. Also fake the blue sky by having a blue rim light on the right of the robot.

Cheers!

Riptyde
11-13-2003, 05:37 PM
Great start, but I think the whole composition is rather static. The building looks too small for the mech. The ceiling should be higher with some over head cranes or something, and the back walls are crowding it.

Just some things to think about.

I also agree with Njen about the lighting.

DrachenVFX
11-13-2003, 06:16 PM
definitely flesh out that hangar. Lift the ceiling, put in docking ports for the mech to "lock down" for maintenance, refueling, etc. Check Neon Genesis for ideas. Plus you could copy the model 2-3 times and put slightly diferent materials on each and make it look like a squadron. Like use different color bands on the shoulders to denote rank or something.

I know you say you are trying to move on, but a little more effort would really give this scene some punch.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.