PDA

View Full Version : Girl By The Window, The_hand (3D)

insanepoly
11-13-2003, 03:32 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1196/mai027_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1196/mai027.jpg)

http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1196/mai027.jpg

Something that I've been doing on and off for the last few months. Color correction and post in photoshop. C&C are welcomed.

Njen
11-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Overall very nice.
Just a few small things, in the top image, the fingers look a little fat, and in the lower image, the hands and fingers are not resting on the window sill.
In the upper image the under arm looks a little too 'relaxed', as in, not enough shape definition.

I would probably make the key light a little stronger, and maybe add some furniture in the room behind her. Maybe a framed picture or something dark.

But Despite this, I like it very much!
Cheers!

7hour
11-13-2003, 03:53 PM
nice job , can u wireframe that plz ?:beer:

Stratobrain
11-13-2003, 03:53 PM
wow - This is beautiful! I prefer the second one though. It is so full of feelings. Wonderful.

I somehow don't like the expression on her face in the first one so much, but I couldn't tell you why. Probably it's just me :p .

If you'd ask me, rather than adding detail to the room behind her I'd make it deeper and let it disappear some more in the shadow. But maybe it would get to dark and destroy the composition - I don't know...

Kel Solaar
11-13-2003, 08:10 PM
She is beautifull! I prefer the second render too :)

arliss
11-13-2003, 09:00 PM
These are beautiful renders, I love them both:p

Your grasp of lighting to evoke mood and feeling is to be commended- what renderer do you use??

The textures are soft and subtle which help the overall composition-

would love to see her animated any plans in the works?

Ti-Ki
11-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Yep she is nice ! :)

I agree with Njen for the hands (1st render : her left hand's fingers seems too fat IMO, and in the 2nde the hand are floating under the window thing but the overall pose/expression is nice).

Another little thing : I prefer the look of the curtain on the 1st render...

insanepoly
11-14-2003, 06:34 AM
http://www.insanepoly.com/temp/mai030.jpg

I've adjusted the position of the hands to make it look more like its resting on the ledge. As for the background, it is my attention to keep it bare rather than to have extra objects drawing attention away from the subject.

I can't explain why the fingers look fat in the render, it was not modelled this way, could be the camera settings or the pose. Thank you for the C&C

arliss- V-Ray in 3DS MAX.

xcvbnm
11-14-2003, 08:04 AM
:thumbsup:
Awesome, great work.....
Would like to see the full model.
No major crits.....except the lower part of the blouse looks stiff (on belly area) and something unusual with collar bones.
cya ... :)
Psan

Shaykai
11-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey, where are the wallpapers you promised me way back in the WIP thread ;) Great job man.

Shaykai

Phrenzy84
11-14-2003, 09:10 AM
excellent work. Brilliant poses, different and almost more natural. Like the enviorment, nice touch.

Only crit is a little less film grain effect on the the first pic, dont really need it that much on close-up's.

brilliant stuff, cant wait to see more. Any wireframes :)

Garma
11-14-2003, 12:05 PM
beautiful, she's lovely. :thumbsup: however the curtain distracts a little, I think because it's a little too simple in comparison to you other objects. Other than that, great work

elektronaut
11-14-2003, 12:38 PM
simply have to say : WOW !!! ;)

lokks really great!

keep on working!
marco.

eYadNesS
11-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Really very goog work, keep it up :thumbsup:
As I said we need your wires ;) ... Thanks

wgreenlee1
11-14-2003, 01:19 PM
her left hand still looks like its floating on the ledge,the right hand looks ok tho
fer as thin as she is if she is resting any weight at all on her arms then her shoulders should have a little more definition between her collar bones and shoulder muscles

looks great tho,luv it!:buttrock:

kinan
11-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Wow lovely
She looks like trinity, is nt she ?

Kinan

sarfarazsoomro
11-14-2003, 01:36 PM
hi,,

both the pics contain a lot of mood in them, and i like the subtle expressions (relaxing in first pic) on her face.

gr8 work all the way, keep it up :thumbsup: :)

sad
11-14-2003, 01:37 PM
very nice!
the shirt should have a red border on the lower end.

Media_Soldiers
11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
fantastic work
nice modeling, nice rendering
keep it up

Plasticbag
11-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Really like this one. your works are haveing more and more mood. keep it up man!

konst
11-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Excellent work :thumbsup: I realy like the compositon and the atmosphere. It is diferent from the other pic in the forom...this one have more feeling and spirit. The surrounding is also nice. Also like the cutrain, it gives a calm feeling.

cute girl by the way

Look forvard to see more of your work. Keep it up

Geco
11-14-2003, 02:18 PM
she's so sweet. http://tinyurl.com/ud4k

http://tinyurl.com/uiqz

Ac0rN
11-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Im very inspired :cry:

Kamul
11-14-2003, 03:08 PM
:eek: Damn if i didnt know this is a modell i
would have fallen in love with her;)
just great work man.
Would u please post a wire :love:

Engy
11-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Excellent work, It looks like a painting.

Wonderer
11-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Great pic! I like them both!:applause:

AmbientLight
11-14-2003, 03:49 PM
OMG! HOLY...! She looks just like my ex-girlfriend when we were in high school. I swear!

Side_FX
11-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Is she single? where can I meet her?
nice work.

behzad
11-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Good work. :bounce:

arliss
11-14-2003, 05:13 PM
this image is in the wrong forum-

somebody move it to its rightful home: evocative:)

VerticalVertex
11-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Work by a master.

dominicqwek
11-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Can I have your autograph please??!!
:scream:

heh heh

hatsad
11-14-2003, 06:22 PM
WoW!!!

THIS IS PRO WORK MAN..

Thehustle
11-14-2003, 06:36 PM
is it hobby stuff....neway...VERY NICE!!!

Miss Hippo
11-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey great texturing! love the lighting! but some critique. the lower arm looks fattter than the upper one...i dont' know maybe the camera position!
the upper body...specially around her chest....it looks bigger than her whole body proportion. her top....looks either big or looks like the wind is going through her cloth.

it looks great!

Garma
11-14-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by arliss
somebody move it to its rightful home: evocative:)

why, it's finished right? But if you mean this picture evokes emotions, then you're surely right. I think it's the prostprocessing that did the job. Any changes on a not-postprocessed render? :)

Cararan
11-15-2003, 01:57 AM
Thats looks great. Some excellent modeling there.

insanepoly
11-15-2003, 02:20 AM
Wow, work up to a whole ton of replies this morning.

Psan- I could probably remedy that with some more additional folds to the blouse.

Shaykai- patience, I be working on it soon.

Phrenzy84- thanks, don't know if I overdid it, but I had wanted to achieve a dreamy painterly look to the renders

Garma- I haven't really put a lot of attention to the curtains and its textures. I will probably rework it some.

elektronaut, eYadNesS- thanks, the wires are coming up.

wgreenlee1- I know, there's a lot of action between muscles and bones going on under the arm. Just that I don't know it I could achieve it without the help of muscle driven systems.

kinan- funny, I've been told my many frens she looked like a popular singer in my country.

sarfarazsoomro- thanks

sad- from whta I have observed, most tanktops does not have linings at their bottom and I have observed plenty during crowded rides on the subway

Media_Soldiers, Plasticbag- thanks, mood is important, perhpas more so for CG images.

konst, Geco- thanks, I'll be sure to let her know

Ac0rN- thanks, I get a lot of inspiration from the works posted here too

Kamul- thanks, wires coming up soon

Engy- thanks, I had wanted to achieve a soft dreamy look to it

Orly Wanders- thanks

AmbientLight- and I swear I didn't make a move on her during high school either

Side_FX- as far as I know, she still single and available. You can look her up on the second partition on my third hard disk

behzad, arliss, tgn376j- thanks

dom- haha, thought I had given it to you already

hatsad- thanks

The Hustle- thanks, its a release for me since I have to do mostly low poly work during my day job

Miss Hippo- thanks, there's still some issues with the rigging on the arm that makes it look weird in certain poses.

Garma- what I did in post was adjust it to a warmer color temperature, added specular bloom, noise and blur. I probably could've have achieved it within the controls in 3DS Max, just that its faster and less expensvie to do it in PS.

Cararan- thanks

whew!!! thats a ton of replies.

elnady
11-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Great model man
I love it:love:

insanepoly
11-15-2003, 02:25 AM
http://www.insanepoly.com/temp/mai_wire.jpg

okay, here's the much requested wires.

ASCIISkull
11-15-2003, 03:20 AM
Incredible work... I think that the interior wall behind the girl is too sharp(maybe some depth of field would help), but other than that it's just... whoa.

Zinge
11-15-2003, 09:01 AM
I agree with wgreenlee1 about her floating left hand... maybe a darker shadow behind the fingers might help ground it a bit. I know that you have your heart set on leaving the room barren of "stuff" but it does look a little too empty.

Zinge
11-15-2003, 09:04 AM
I agree with wgreenlee1 about her floating left hand... maybe a darker shadow behind the fingers might help ground it a bit. I know that you have your heart set on leaving the room barren of "stuff" but it does look a little too empty.

Other then that it's a great render! ^_^

Saeed
11-15-2003, 09:37 AM
Excellent work.:thumbsup: :eek:
i see diffrent images in frontpage and this thread.
i like very much that closed eye image.
can you post it?

Para
11-15-2003, 11:29 AM
I really like this one, it has some sort of inner peace that you can just feel when looking at the picture... :thumbsup:

FrangerJacobo
11-15-2003, 02:14 PM
:buttrock: very... very... nice... work... :drool:

wave
11-15-2003, 02:33 PM
it's beautiful !i like it.but i think there is some wrong on her cheast and abdomen.her look too strong .

whitey
11-15-2003, 07:38 PM
the hand, i have been watching your work for a fairly long time now. I must say that each time you release an artwork you get progressively better, i have never seen you make anything short of amazing either... i'm a fan of your work. keep it up:)

Shannon
11-16-2003, 01:21 AM
the hands are about perfect. The way that only a couple of fingers are touching is right in line with how her balance seems distributed, and seems to support the overall gesture. She seems a bit pale for my taste though. Anyhow, she is beautiful. Very well done. I like her build very much. She's built like a real women. Not the stereotype.

geoMan
11-16-2003, 03:24 PM
man, its real...it seems u r competing final fantasy!:bounce:

singleguy
11-16-2003, 04:25 PM
ur definitely the lord of "keng":applause:

shade_E
11-16-2003, 06:23 PM
great lighting/rendering, and nice clean wireframe.
I like her grasp on window.. Good joB!

phoenix
11-17-2003, 04:31 AM
very interested work....i love the model....and wireframe too is really nice...:thumbsup:

DoLeeP
11-17-2003, 05:30 AM
Awesome, great work.....
great
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

braam
11-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Great work!! I like your CG wife! :love:

Somehow, maybe via my sixth sense :D, I observed the difference between the rendered and wireframe versions.

Currently, I am working on the heroes for local stationary store, and I have experienced the same problem - my model in the openGL view is slightly different from the rendered image, mainly squashed or stretched. Look at his given images for example, especially at her beautiful face.

Do you CGTalkers have any reason?

I think it is camera settings. My character is looking odd upon dollying a camera away from it.

Cheers
Braam

AdamT
11-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Dynamite image. I love the soft lighting and textures, and of course the model is first-rate.

p0lym0rph
11-17-2003, 04:09 PM
woaw verry nice girl and work :eek: :applause:

charithmax
11-18-2003, 04:38 AM
great work man!:beer:

i think u should decrease the amount of blur u ve used.

show us some more good work plz:thumbsup:

Goro
11-18-2003, 10:17 PM
I like the facia expression! The model is not photorealistic but
somehow she looks real! very nice work!

cyrenevjacob
11-19-2003, 05:03 AM
Hey Cool work man! Good thing you made the hands more in the real world! Nothing wrong with the hands though! You could have heightened the emotion of the scene by giving a more grave expression...but even without its a fine piece of work! Keep it up!!! :thumbsup:

skyeywei
11-19-2003, 06:43 AM
good work ! ;)

themuffinking
08-08-2004, 02:55 AM
It's a terrific model, only problem i can see about the shape of the collarbones... real collarbones are almost perfectly straight, while hers are curved. Also, the blouse should not be touching her stomach because she is leaning over. And you might want to make it apparent why she is looking out the window, like widen her eyes and open her mouth to show that something outside startled her or something.

And because i have a very dirty mind, make the blouse a little lower-cut around the neck... say... about 15 or16 inches shorter :P

Cybernut
08-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Really good... I like having her in an environment. Gives it a little more feeling. Great work as usual!

C

techart
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM
very nice.....I like that you gave to your model a kind of personality....like the atmosphere too,cheers

rictormortis
08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
nice mood, but i must agree with some earlier posts, her left hand is floating,the weight just dosent seem right, but otherwise well done, hope to see more work from you soon!

Assaultor
08-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah...you are the man...nice render~~ :thumbsup:

mechaboy
08-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Its a good overall render but there are a few things that just make the character seem too manaquinish. The shaping of the arms seems to uniform and the overall skin texture is too flat. Take a closer look at arm anatomy and skin texture as it changes from the shoulders to the chest and I think it will definitly improve your render. Still a very nice composition.

-Cheers!:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.