PDA

View Full Version : Demoreel.

hyunj
11-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Hi folks.
This is a demoreel that I made in Vancouver Film School. The file is a bit large(42MB, MOV) and the server might be a bit slow, so please be patient, and enjoy! :thumbsup:

demoreel (http://www.vfs.com/~hyunj/Animation/desperado.zip)

And here is the address of my website.

website (http://www.vfs.com/~hyunj)

treatment
11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Nice job!! But you should get rid of that music!

Pixel_Pisher_
01-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Hey Jung,
I'ts been a while since I have been in CG talk, Slow Internet Connection. I LOVE your demo reel, keep up the good work, any luck with finding any work, I haven't heard anything on what happened to you after school. Anways Ciao.
Chace

stallion151
01-23-2004, 05:57 AM
ohhh please get rid of that music, sorry for all the country music fans out there...all two of them...but it really doesn't fit.

good solid animation i thought. good job

hyunj
02-14-2004, 09:45 PM
I know an American dude who used a bad Enka(adult-oriented Japanese music) song to add oriental touch to his film, and I didn't like song at all. I like Enka songs in general, but sadly that was a really bad piece of music. I guess this is kind of the way you guys feel about the song in my film. I almost had to purchase the right to use this piece of music in my film, so hew~ I'm glad that I didn't. As a matter of fact the song is not included in my actual demoreel which I sent to studios for job application. Anyway, thanks for your comments guys, I'll try to upload the version that doesn't have the song, sooner or later.

Hey Chace, how's it going man? Thanks for leaving your message. Are you still in Vancouver or are you already back home? And how did your job search go? If you already have landed on a job, congrat in advance! If you happen to look for one, I think some studios in town such as Radical are starting to hire lots of people. I guess Charles or Paul in EA knows better about those oppurtunities. Anyway, let's keep in touch!

-Jung.

WhiteRabbitObj
02-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeap, God awful music for sure. It started out alright and I thought "why did people complain so much?" but that singer makes me want to shoot myself. Anyhow, good film. Very much like a 3D Looney Toons cartoon. I especially like all the secondary motion you have going in your characters and the outrageous poses and morph targets they can achieve. If you're going for a character animation job, I'd say things look excellent! Good luck.

HenningK
02-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Sweeeeeet. Fantastic character animation. The horse steals the show. (Watch her frame by frame when the pig lands on her) Ha!
love,hen

JasonA
02-15-2004, 03:29 AM
heh! that was pretty good :) nice job on the animation. The music wasn't so bad actually... although I think an instrumental country song might have done you better :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.