PDA

View Full Version : Face selection based on color? Maya 2012

stuGrimson
12-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi there, a few different places i could post this, but figured this might be the best.

Is there a way in Maya to make a Face selection on a Polygonal object based on the RGB color in a texture map that's attached to the object? I'm looking toward coloratpoint, but haven't figured out how to make a selection in MEL.

Basically I have an object with a Black and White texture map applied to it and I am looking to duplicate the Black faces. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've been hunting for a solution for days now. I could apply separate shaders to the diffferent faces, but that would defeat the purpose as I would be selected those faces manually anyways..

Thanks,
Stu

CPFitz14
12-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Depending on how dense your mesh is/big your map is; you can do it with the paint select tool. It's in the options if you scroll down to the bottom of the tool settings.

CGTalk Moderation
12-19-2011, 06:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.