PDA

View Full Version : Noise function that loops ?

Inlakechh
12-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm searching for a noise formula that recreates the exact same noise pattern after a certain amount of time in an animation without animating it back and forth, but "flowing in one direction".

I'm looking forward to find a solution that I can implement as a Nuke expression or node.
Any help is highly appreciated. If this is mathematically not possible, please tell me.

thanks alot in advance,
Marco

ranaazeem
12-17-2011, 09:55 AM
If this is mathematically not possible, please tell me.

Well as far as i know, technically, No computer is able to generate a sequence of pure random numbers.
Those numbers or patterns just appears to be random but after some nth interval(which would probably be a pretty big number). The same sequence of numbers starts appearing all over again.
I am not sure, if it would be possible to squeeze the whole loop to start and end at your desired time range.
But mathematically it should be possible.
If i am not mistaken, random number are generated from different random number streams. I think you should check into that.
I hope it helps(or at least get the thought process going).
Best Regards

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2011, 09:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.