PDA

View Full Version : scene: Fight

michu
11-12-2003, 10:49 PM
This is an illustration made for a game on mobile phone. The genre is strategy, and the story is about the battle between a good king and an evil one.

A colleague of mine shows strong concern about the inconsistency in the styles of the foreground and background. It didn't cross my mind as an issue when I was working on it, since I personally quite like this type of combination that gives a similar look to traditional 2D animation. Nevertheless I'd really like to know if it's gonna be a serious problem for the majority of viewers, so I know which direction I should take to improve it.

http://firechrom.com/michu/ae_fight.jpg

Welcome any other comments and critiques :)

hippie
11-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Well, the background looks very nice, as to the characters, but IMO the characters do not fit in with the background. But that is not the fault of the background.

It has more to do with the illumination of the characters which makes them stand out from the background, as if the are fighting in front of large painting.

So my suggestion is that try to tone the illumination wee bit darker, so that the characters would not stand out so brightly.

gmask
11-12-2003, 11:21 PM
I love the clouds.. the guy in the yellow armor needs to be less yellow as it's a very unflattering shade.. if it were meant to look golden it doesn't.

starqueen
11-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Agreeing with all the other crits I'd say that the colors are a little off. The gold is too yellow and the right cape has a blue light on it but there's no blue light source.

I'd say that the picture looks staged instead of an intense fight scene and a realistic fighting pose.

With that said, lol, I just gotta say that the way you colored this is absolutely beautiful! The background is fantastic. If you could correct the few off colors... man this would be perfect!

michu
11-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the inputs. These are really helpful advices. Now I see the problem is mostly with the lighting and colour scheme. I will certainly try to bring done the yellowish tone on that guy's armour!;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.