PDA

View Full Version : Character: Angel

trison
11-12-2003, 06:28 PM
This is my first full digital painting done in about six hours in photoshop 7 with my wacom tablet. She is a character from a story I read who is descended from angels but has had her wings cut off. I have a really hard time with lighting and form so please give any critiques or comments you can.

trison
11-13-2003, 12:03 AM
Gee trison, you're image is kinda dark, I'll bet you're working on a bright monitor. Also your anatomy is kinda off and your lighting is inconsistant.

trison
11-13-2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the Crits trison. I do need to work on my painting skills but this is only my first piece.

starqueen
11-13-2003, 12:45 AM
not to break up the conversation with yourself, but yeah the anatomy and lighting is off.

The way you painted it was well done... the outline works well I think too. I'd just keep doing more and posting them. :thumbsup:

Dave Black
11-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I really like it. I feel that the anatomy is off a bit as well. The right buttock seems out of perpective. I'd try mirroring the piece horizontally and vertically to help yourself see the problem areas.

The image it's self seems a tad too saturated, but overall, it's a very nice piece. I think you got the skin tones pretty well perfect. I love the wings.

I think a few more tweaks and you'l have a good portfolio piece.

-3DZ

:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.