PDA

View Full Version : first character: sam

hp_deluxe
11-12-2003, 05:12 PM
http://home.arcor.de/hp_deluxe/sam.jpg

hi, i'm new in this community and working about 1 and a half year with max now.

this is my first character, "sam the basketball playing alien"
a character i designed in hundreds of boring school lessons.
(2 years ago, i'm studiying at the german film school now)

it all started with a new kind of modeling a friend told me(starting with 1 poly instead of a box). and i really loved this kind of modeling and wanted to start with something big, so i made my first head, then i decided to give him a body,..the first rig with biped,..and try out some animations and facial animation with these morphtargets. after learning so much new stuff i wanted to try to unwrap it,..but i think i will learn that with a new project i just started

(good texturing is much harder then i ever expected)

overall i like it, it hase this comiclook i wanted and for the first organic modeling i think the mesh is ok.

all c&c are welcome

hp

razzi
11-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Cute Alien...nice work,I think you should post more views of this guy and It's better to texture him more to be finished product.

Good Luck!

tawxic
11-12-2003, 09:53 PM
I think you should work on the pose a little, right now it looks a bit too feminine, unless that was what you were going for, of course!

Great job for your first character! I'm impressed!

- tawxic (still working on his first character :-/)

Heaven871
11-18-2003, 08:46 AM
:bounce: Great work.
Keep the picture and see what you'll model in two years, guess you'll be happily surprised.

I like the way you modeled the muscles, except the stomach area, that looks like a plastic toy rambo stomach.

The shoes and trousers are great, too.

The right knee looks strange to me, like it's bones are soft.

The fingers look like sausages and the left hand fingers are flying in the air, they could need some detail.

But all in all it's very good.

Oh, the basketball looks really nice, too. But if you have to take in such a mega close-up you probably want to add some texture to the black inbetween parts, too.

Keep it running, I've seen students worse in the 6th semester :cool: and you are still in the 1st.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.