PDA

View Full Version : Character: Realistic Girl (nudity)

AndyH
11-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi Folks.

Dont know if youre aware of my WIP posts, but ive finally finished the character ive spent the last 2 months on.
Im not going to rig it up and animate it because it was solely made for honing my Lightwave character modelling and texturing skills before moving to Maya.

The video turnaround is 2MB and encoded in DIVX5 - Right click & save it:
http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK-PICS/Girl_pose_spin.avi

The final model pics. Scroll across - theyre BIG!
http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK-PICS/final-clothed.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK-PICS/final-nude.jpg

If Youre intrested in the evolution of this character, feel free to check out my WIP thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97874&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Im glad to see the end of it!
Hope you like it!

gmask
11-12-2003, 04:57 PM
She's a real slacker babe.. huh?

I remember your WIP and she has matured since then which is a good thing. The only thing that bothers me about the anatomy is the torso.. there really isn't much variation from the rib cage and to the abdomen.. she's like a tube from stem to stern. This is not so much an issue in her clothed version.

AndyH
11-12-2003, 05:09 PM
hehe, Gmask, you're exactly right!
As i was Composing the post i noticed the torso myself and thought "hmm.... so close to completion... do i really wanna tweak some more?? NAH!' assuming it looked ok, but u spotted it immediately!
I guess ill go back to the slightly toned stomach like the one on my 1st WIP post.
Shes not really meant to be seen in the buff, i just rendered it cos i bothered to make it. Y'know, gotta flaunt everything you make, eh?

Thanks for pointing it out.

gmask
11-12-2003, 05:11 PM
>>Y'know, gotta flaunt everything you make, eh?

In that case you may want to lengthen her forearms as well as they are too short ;-)

J.K.Makowka
11-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by gmask
>>Y'know, gotta flaunt everything you make, eh?

In that case you may want to lengthen her forearms as well as they are too short ;-)

Now that he mentions it, he is absolutly right... can't believe I never spotted that over at the Wip-thread...

But I really like the pose... Overall great work!

Garma
11-12-2003, 09:03 PM
that's awesome what you did dude, especially good job on the clothes. How did you do the hair, that's polygons right?

:thumbsup:

Drakaran
11-14-2003, 10:09 AM
it's really odd, but she looked more complete and correct in whip than here. wonder what happened.

wowdermonkey
11-14-2003, 09:01 PM
It's great to see someone make a girl model that isn't trying to be a supermodel! The whole model is very successful. I like the face a lot and the clothing work is great. You have a very good sense of stylization.

However, I do agree with the other crits about the forearm and torso issue. I would also like to add a note about the left shoulder. It seems like there is a little confusion about the deltoid, pectorial, bicep intersection. The pectorial should be less vertical as it sub ducts into the upper arm. I think it should take care of that odd pinching issue there.

Is she animatable? And I would love to see a wire frame.

Excellent Work!

igorsandman
11-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Impressive modeling and texturing.
Good job.
-IS-

adyus
11-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Her face kinda looks like Drew Barrymore. Was that intended? Oh, and you could have given her a Wonderbra ;)

singleguy
11-15-2003, 01:19 PM
everything else has been commented. i admire ur effort for making her look so nice. Wouldn't it be better if you make her hair look more natural. everything else is nice.

leigh
11-15-2003, 03:02 PM
She's looking cool, but I think you still have ways to go before she is realistic - especially in terms of your lighting :)

Her eyes also look very dead. You need a little reflection in them for some life and realism.

Anatomically, as Gmask has pointed out, the abdomen is really lacking in form, and in my personal opinion that navel is huge!

Nice job on the hair :)

With some tweaks in lighting (and maybe some tiny texturing tweaks here and there), I think you could make this look a lot more realistic, but you've done a good job so far!

VerticalVertex
11-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Great work.

Antonbomb22
11-15-2003, 08:18 PM
love the jeans! can u post texture u used for em?:love:

AndyH
11-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks For all the Feedback!
I Agree With most of the points noted here - good anatomical info wowdermonkey!
The Hair is indeed polys - im surprised people like it! That was one of the weaker things about it in the WIP forum.
I Didnt think id attract intrest from the mighty Leah! - I definately agree about the eyes, The light was'nt making much of a highlight - too steep an angle. Might use selective lights for them.
If You want to see a Wireframe, or other light setups, take a gander at my WIP post.
And Here's the jeans texture (scaled down of course)
Overall - the comments (good or bad) are useful. Dunno if ill get chance to make all of the changes, ive been working on it far too long! Might take em on board for my next character.

Ta.

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK-PICS/Jeans-UV.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.