PDA

View Full Version : BU Computer Visualisation and Animation Course Interview

SamMunRAWR
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Well, I've just got an email from Bournemouth telling me that I'll have an interview in January/February sometime. This is good, means they at least liked what I have on my UCAS app.

But now comes my second worry, the logic, math and life drawing test that are part of the interview, as well as the portfolio, actually.

My state right now is like this, I do a Level 2 BTEC in Creative Media Production with A2 Film Studies and I only went as far as AS Computer Science because of issues involving the tutor. I'm totally freaked out by the prospect of my position being determined by my ability to do maths and life drawing. In GCSE Maths, I was fine, ending with a high B and in Computer Science AS, ending on a B two marks out of the A grade boundary. But anyone that's done computer science knows that the math involved isn't particularly far removed from GCSE. Then my portfolio would have to be based on what work I've done on After Effects and Maya for my BTEC, no photography/fine art/mixed media/etc. Has anyone got any idea how they look upon a showreel rather than the portfolio?

If anyone's done the interview before or is already at Bournemouth, could you please tell me what your experiences with this process were like and if not that, any advice on how to tackle this? (Especially life drawing, I didn't even take art at GCSE)

Sorry for the epically long post, I just need to get my mind at ease.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.