PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Cooper Mini Type S

foxco
11-12-2003, 06:36 AM
http://www.cdis.org/~cleefox/wire.jpg
http://www.cdis.org/~cleefox/better.jpg

Hello im new to forums, it looks like a good place to hear what others have to say. This is my first car ever. i only worked on it for 4 days and im curious if there are any tips or tricks that could make it look just that much better im always looking for new ideas and modeling tricks!

also if you have any ideas for a simple enviroment to showcase the car i would be glad to hear it, im not much for creative scenes yet, im still leanrning XSI and CG :rolleyes:

Xsi::foX

i appologize for any previous viewers for the new threat i coulndt delete my last thread?? see im new :P

Kwago
11-12-2003, 06:45 AM
the wire is awesome but the materials and lighting need work.
look for some car paint tutorials. if you already have a paint shader on it, it's definitely the lighting that needs some help.

packjazz
11-12-2003, 09:27 AM
yeah I agree with kwago, the paint is too dull and flat looking. Maybe it's the angle of the render, but the car seems out of proportion...too flat and too long. Otherwise great effort!

Heber
11-12-2003, 03:52 PM
good work for first car, but yeah as said you need to work on the shaders, perhaps try hdr or env. map to get some realistic reflections , or check out highend3d for some carpaint shaders.
might want to check the top part of the car (glass meats metal) looks kinda odd. :cool:

RampanT
11-12-2003, 03:54 PM
have to agree with whats been said, nice wire, but the texturing aint capturing the reflections of car-paint. Nice model though.:thumbsup:

foxco
11-12-2003, 11:04 PM
hahahah ya wire always rocks, when i have a little more free time im going to put a good scene around the car and increase reflection on the shader i created, thx again everyone

foxco
11-12-2003, 11:04 PM
hahahah ya wire always rocks, when i have a little more free time im going to put a good scene around the car and increase reflection on the shader i created, thx again everyone

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.