PDA

View Full Version : How to 3D track around objects?

firmaccusationer
12-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Keep in mind I haven't experimented in any way of 3D tracking something on someones face or anything like that as of yet, I want to find proper technique or an easier way before I waste possible time.
This video is a great example and if anyone has tutorials that even come close to harboring this type of tracking please post in this thread
Another example, how do you get FumeFX to track onto a scene in 3D instead of rendering a scene in fumefx by itself then compositing it onto footage after you made your tracked shot.

Edit:

Can't believe I forgot to put in the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A13kHkWNJi0

darthviper107
12-05-2011, 07:08 AM
There's no video

Usually you'd always render effects individually and then composite on top of your footage.

firmaccusationer
12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
There's no video

Usually you'd always render effects individually and then composite on top of your footage.

I'm wondering how do I make a floor plane and then go through a very long shot without losing the coordinates, I don't know where I'd place the origin x and y axis aswell

firmaccusationer
12-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Also panning around a corner is an interesting question as well especially if it's odd angles you're walking around

darthviper107
12-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Well, you need a good tracking program, and a good camera for taking your shots

firmaccusationer
12-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Well, you need a good tracking program, and a good camera for taking your shots

My friends dad has a video business boujou should be available to us. Does anyone have anything helpful in terms of technical aspects?

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2011, 03:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.