PDA

View Full Version : No images showing - is it just me?

archaeotect
12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
This weekend I'm having a weird problem with the images on cgtalk. Gallery images are not being displayed, neither the thumbnails on the gallery pages, the medium images on their individual pages, the random thumbnail collection on top of the gallery pages nor the moving thumbnail bar on top of each page.

Images in ordinary threads, CGS feature articles and the ads display correctly.

Now this might be some strange browser, java, flash, adblocker issue of my own, or it might be that the servers on which the images are hosted are down or something else.
I just wanted to check if it's only me?
Thanks in advance!

amateur
12-04-2011, 07:26 PM
you are not alone .
same problem here !

Vex
12-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Same here!

Chicano3000X3
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Same here. Glad I'm not the only one.

e1even
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Same problem happens to me. :sad:

leigh
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Apologies guys, there's a problem with the server and our tech folks are looking into it. It's been up and down for the last day.

n4gen
12-08-2011, 08:07 PM
I would ask you for a really technical explanation of the rejection of my latest work in a 3D gallery.
If you are a true professional, openly explain what the problem is, i do not send generated messages that insult my intelligence.
Otherwise I think you hypocrites, thank you for your understanding.

leigh
12-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I would ask you for a really technical explanation of the rejection of my latest work in a 3D gallery.
If you are a true professional, openly explain what the problem is, i do not send generated messages that insult my intelligence.
Otherwise I think you hypocrites, thank you for your understanding.

I'm sorry but is there a reason for you to be so rude in your query?

Your work doesn't meet the minimum quality requirements. My suggestion would be to post it in the WIP forum so you can get feedback to improve it. Which is what the message you received said.

n4gen
12-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Your work doesn't meet the minimum quality requirements? Ha,ha,ha,.....that corresponds to a professional who arranges black and white photos in PS, and similar programs?
Cheers!

leigh
12-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Your work doesn't meet the minimum quality requirements? Ha,ha,ha,.....that corresponds to a professional who arranges black and white photos in PS, and similar programs?
Cheers!

Wow, that's so mature.

By all means, poke fun at my hobby, but you may want to consider what I actually do for a living (http://www.leighvanderbyl.com/?page_id=8).

Ha, ha ha?

Cheers.

n4gen
12-08-2011, 10:11 PM
As I thought, very pathetic.

leigh
12-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Great. I'm glad to see you're handling this in such an adult fashion.

n4gen
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
You showed your true colors, let them see it and others on the forum.
It seems that I succeeded my friend:)

leigh
12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Seriously, what is your problem? Your passive aggressiveness and rudeness are so counter-productive. Why don't you take this energy and put it into something constructive, like your work? If there's one thing I've learned on this site over the years, it's that the ones who complain the most about their work being rejected are the ones least likely to improve that work because they're so convinced that their work is amazing and they have nothing to learn.

You say people will "see this"? You know what they will see? You inquiring rather rudely as to why your work wasn't accepted, and me responding to say the message you received actually gave you all the necessary information and advice. You chose to follow up my reply with a childish remark about my photography hobby, and then when I pointed out that I'm actually a professional artist with a pretty decent history in the industry, you call me pathetic.

Frankly, to anyone with any sense, it's clear who is being pathetic here, and it's not me. Now you have a choice. You can continue to embarrass yourself by behaving in this childish manner, or you can go do something constructive, like post your work in the WIP forum. It's up to you, really.

n4gen
12-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Sorry, but I do not believe you.
Convince me that you write about yourself and show me some of his solo works (3D modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering .....)
Again, exclusively yours works, and do not hide behind the famous names and labels.
I see that some of your written answers erased and I have not got a link to everything you wrote ........ hmmmm.

ranaazeem
12-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Convince me that you write about yourself and show me some of his solo works (3D modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering .....)
Again, exclusively yours works, and do not hide behind the famous names and labels.
I see that some of your written answers erased and I have not got a link to everything you wrote ........ hmmmm.

You really are not even getting what she's saying?. aren't you?
Stop feeling so special. And above that, being rude.
Nobody owe you anything.
Now please do not ask me to show you some wireframe renders of my own work.
You really need to slow down a little.
R.A.K

leigh
12-09-2011, 09:06 AM

Oh, wow. Are you seriously suggesting that I am lying?

What on earth are you talking about?

n4gen
12-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Oh, wow. Are you seriously suggesting that I am lying?
Yes !

leigh
12-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Right, so you're saying that I am lying about actually working in this industry? You're saying that my entire CV is fictional?

Do you have evidence of this? I'm really keen to hear it.

n4gen
12-10-2011, 01:55 PM
ha.ha. .... I see that you touched, it already tells a lot.
Cheers!

leigh
12-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Right. Because you have no evidence. Because you're just full of crap.

And now I've had enough of your stupid trolling.

Pyke
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Do you have evidence of this? I'm really keen to hear it.

WHO ARE YOU?!???!!

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.