PDA

View Full Version : Character: Neo in 3D

kinan
11-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Hi i ve tried to make neo in 3D. Acording to me, this render really looks like neo. I ve seen him in the tube, i thing that i successed in retrieving his feelings, his emotions, particularly the emotions of the ears. In his ear, i wanted to explain all the pain of this world. I hope that you'll be sensible to my art. Any critics ?

God bless america
Kinan

http://www.3dlinks.com/images/gallery/gallery4/profilah.jpg

Zack
11-12-2003, 01:58 AM
Looks like a good model. Who is this Neo? Not the one from the Matrix? I do see some emotion in the model but, I'm sorry, I don't see all the pain in the world in his ears. My suggestions are:
Show us a color version
Make his hair more realistic (facial hair)
Head to a local Drug Rehabilitation center

Good image
Zack

IanBrightNZ
11-12-2003, 03:50 AM
It's a nice model. I like what you've done with the skin texture. you might want to lessen the darkness or amount of his lower lashes, he's looking a little female in that area. And I agree with zero2zillion about the hair.

You're english seems to be a little off. It's ok Zack, he's not on drugs, he's French :) . Would I be right in thinking you meant 'emotions in his eyes'? I think Yoda is more capable of showing emotion with his ears than this guy.

Interested to know who this Neo is. A french fantasy character?

Chidomo
11-12-2003, 04:24 AM
Please in order to aviod confusion with the popular character from The Matrix, Neo. Please explain who this neo is. Its a decent model, if the ear were meant to show emotion then they are unsuccessful. But i think you meant "eye" also a color version would definately help things, the black white makes the image a bit drab. black and white would work more if the image had more contrast and shaprer lighting...maybe.

Sqwall
11-12-2003, 07:38 AM
It is nice but it dows not look like NEO.

kinan
11-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Neo is a friend of mine ! I met him last month ! DOn t u know him ?

huh ! Kinan

Supervlieg
11-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Looks good, but I'm guessing your friend isn't the neo from the blockbuster movie. BTW, I love the emotion the ear is conveying ;)

kinan
11-13-2003, 12:18 AM
here a viewport of neo...

huh
kinan

blindsleeper
11-13-2003, 12:32 PM
great model... except it seems that the nose is unnaturally crooked to the left.

reznorblade
11-13-2003, 02:20 PM
humour....

...the emotions of his ear! that is the best desctription of a character I have seen in a month. You get the honourary reznor's blade award .

cr-v
11-13-2003, 03:00 PM
nice texture! like it

arliss
11-13-2003, 09:03 PM
you have a really good sense of form from viewing your model and I think the texturing is coming along very well-

you have a good grasp on shading

want to see more;)

artfoundry
11-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Very nice model and especially textures. Main issues are the collarbone and pectoral muscles. Check your anatomy - the collarbone shouldn't be straight - should be more of an S curve. And the crease between the pecs looks a bit too tight - the sternum would be wider and the muscle attachments further apart. Also there's a horizontal crease there that looks weird - don't think it should be there.
But nice work!

kinan
11-13-2003, 10:05 PM
artfoundry :
hey dave !!! a new song in progress ??? :)

Yeah i know that the anatomy is a little basic, but be sure that neo is never underessed ! Yeah for that reason, i decided to get him a sweetshirt !! But thanks for ur comments
-----
reznorblade : My friend !! Yeah i m an great descriptor, I always try to give emotions to ears. Ears are so beautifull, an ear can solve and secure the world. STOP HIDDING EARS !!!
------

blindsleeper :
Yeah, neo hasn t got a perfect nose, so he decided to make chirurgical stuff on his face. When he was a little boy, he fell on a little piece of malgach excrement, so he tried to clean his nose, and so de deformation. He is my friend, yeah NEO IS MY FRIEND, so he will forgive me about telling the truth about his strange nose.
-------
Thanks for all comments !!

God bless america !!
Gruiiiik

blindsleeper
11-13-2003, 10:56 PM
well then, with that explination, great work, hope to see more from ya in the future
:thumbsup:

koroko
11-13-2003, 11:05 PM
ji there... :)

The model its really nice, i like very much the choice for the view, and the shading...really nice...

As for the critics...

eyebrows look too thick to me... thats all.. ;)

everything else is awesome...

about the pain of the world and the ear, iŽll just add that the ear lobule suggests some ego issues and maybe an schizophrenic background...:)

cheers!

artfoundry
11-14-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by kinan
artfoundry :
hey dave !!! a new song in progress ??? :)

new song? Why do you ask? I haven't written any music in a number of years...

Jbo123
11-14-2003, 05:47 AM
pretty cool, but wtf is a malgach? and what does chirurgical mean? I think you are a bit crazy, because emotion, i don't care how subtle, can not be expressed in an ear. And what's your beef with Iraq?

kinan
11-14-2003, 11:42 PM
Jbo123

hi !
A malgach is an habitant of madagascar island. Chirurgical means medical operation. I m sure that emotions can be expressed in ears. U know, an ear crying is really really emotive. I only try to see above the surfaces, above the first meaning. Try to do the same, open u'r chacras, open ur mind and fly aver this street to reach the tower. Do u see the light ?

Kinan

Thnks 4 comments.

kinan
11-16-2003, 01:34 AM
i found some face an 3/4 Shots of my Neo.
Hope u ll critic that !

huh
Kinan

http://www.3dlinks.com/images/gallery/gallery10/34.jpg
http://www.3dlinks.com/images/gallery/gallery9/faceuu.jpg

koroko
11-16-2003, 02:03 AM
hey,

What about a wire, huh?

VerticalVertex
11-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Looks great.

kinan
11-16-2003, 10:59 PM
koroko :
Here is a wire shot from Maya
----------
tgn376j :
Thnks, It s really difficult to make a descent render under maya using the maya renderer. Btw, this scene has been done to be viewed in Pal standart resolution (720/576). SO the LOD is very low. Obviously, while i m trying to have good realistic renders in high resolution, i realise how the rene morel job (Amazon soul) is fantastic.
-----------

Pliz, be aware because JCVdamme is with us.
Now be free because NEO is with u.

Kinan ; Free like a poisson frit.
GRuiiik
huhu

http://www.3dlinks.com/images/gallery/gallery3/wire.jpg

^Lele^
11-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Really nice a model!
Well done!:applause:
And no humor either... ;)

L.

Oh, could do with a bit less compression in the Jpg, maybe? Colors tend to "rainbow" a bit on the more bumped areas on my monitor...

kinan
11-18-2003, 05:08 AM
SOrry, I had problems with my image hoster. I ve changed the links.....

Don t beat me!
Kinan

JonnyNewo
11-18-2003, 06:16 AM
Hm, nice model, but the eyes look a little wide to me. Good work!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.