PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Demo Reel: Bek DM03

bek
11-12-2003, 12:50 AM
this is my demo reel please let me now any coments or critics! it is all made in cinema xl and after effects!

link:

www.xdv.org/mmm/bek.mov

http://thirdeye.cgcommunity.com/BekReel.mov

thks! and hope u like it!!!

PD the server is very very very slow!
so if anyone can help me hosting a mirror for my demo reel i will Appreciate the demo is only 8.4 megs

ThirdEye
11-12-2003, 10:51 PM
Fantastic work, it's very nice to see C4D used so well with Afterfx, congratulations and good luck for getting hired! :thumbsup:

bolek
11-12-2003, 11:15 PM
great reel !! the music and editing is perfect, but the 3d stuff is kind of simple, most of it, the integration with live action and after effects is great... it's more of an effects reel than a 3D reel

bek
11-12-2003, 11:17 PM
yep i t is!! i am a designer and i work in broadcasting!! i dont do final fantasy 3d! stuff!!

so ok!

thks for the comnt!! and keep on coming! all the critics and coments!!! please!!!!!!!!

f3rry
11-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Love it...

A very nice usage of simple 3D for design and moving images and C4D is just the right tool for that.....

Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

uncon
11-12-2003, 11:28 PM
I like your reel, it is lots of fun to watch. But the sound seems a little too loud. Maybe it's just me.

Sketch23
11-12-2003, 11:56 PM
I really like this real. Nice slick design and simplicity. Your Graf inspired work is looking awesome!

Oh yeah, nice use of that Fanny Pack tune:]

urk10
11-13-2003, 12:12 AM
Great stuff!

Maybe you should keep the music volume up till the end and then on the black do a quick fade out while you show you contact numbers etc.

Try it out......

DePingus
11-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Great stuff. Real fun to watch.

If I had to critique anything I would say that I noticed (or at least thought I did) a couple of shots repeat themselves towards the end. They were real short and I don't feel that you needed to repeat them. Re-using shots in a reel feels like filler.

7hour
11-13-2003, 01:27 AM
great stuff man :beer: did u work on sony?

flingster
11-13-2003, 01:54 AM
great stuff bek.

btw he needs a job and is open to offers if anybody is hiring.

:beer:

KOKOMO
11-13-2003, 02:29 AM
I really love ur stuff , its great !!!

:thumbsup: :applause:

Where can we find more of ur work ? :cool:

Gkaine
11-13-2003, 02:53 AM
great work. what is the name of the band that does that song and the song name?

pixelpimp
11-13-2003, 02:59 AM
I love your reel. How did you model the 3D graffiti arrow heads and stuff. I've been trying to do it in C4D with crappy results. Check out www.mograph.net to post your reel their too.

rocarpen
11-13-2003, 03:32 AM
Bravo, Bek! A wonderful reel, with some aesthetic touches I honestly hadn't seen before. I love the abstract shapes that grow and extrude, rendered with what looks like global illumination.

Best of luck on a new position! I don't think you'll be looking for long!

:thumbsup:

ironbooker
11-13-2003, 05:04 AM
Well its a good one, excellent job
the only thing i want to say is

I ended up hating the Jueves de Calabaza in Sony

heheheh

but your work excellent!!

Felicidades

edimunster
11-13-2003, 05:13 AM
Nice desings!!, I specially liked the graffitti ones done in three D, A lot of people do them in walls and such but I've never seem them in a 3d environment. Sweet!

the only thing is ...well .......the contact info..... it isnt there!. :shrug:

Just an opinion!

Saludos y dejame decirte que quedo bien depinga!:thumbsup:

fabmedia
11-13-2003, 05:21 AM
Well that was cool...

Arlen

private
11-13-2003, 05:54 AM
Your work seemed to show many professional projects you were a part of; congrats. However.......

I think that's a great example of what music shouldn't be on a demo reel. It was annoying from the beginning, and the volume was turned up too loud. I found it annoying right off the bat, and took away from the work you produced.

fabmedia
11-13-2003, 07:49 AM
hmmm... I think opinions are always good about all aspects of the work. But we have to remember that the quality of workmanship is what is being sold here, not the music.

I think if anyone was to look at the work and heard the audio, and based a yea or nea solely on the audio, then they are nuts. My opinion is that it fits and reflects the work and the attitude that is being presented.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but what it comes down to is whether the individual can do the job.

Cheers mate!
Arlen

el_mone
11-13-2003, 09:12 AM
A good reel, the abstract models growing up reminds me of a graffitti style, well thatīs graffitti. Like Daim from germany and other writers, a really good idea I think. And I donīt remember saw it before in 3d animation.

xeno
11-13-2003, 09:20 AM
I agree, but the problem is that in this industry, with so many other talented people, it can be crucial to keep the viewers attention with all means possible, including cool music.
Otherwise it mite be a case where people are put off right away by the music and decide to take the other person, with similar talents.

Ontopic, still downloading, cant wait to see it!

oxyg3n
11-13-2003, 09:54 AM
I like it. Especially that abstract shape that looks like grafitti

doo
11-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Maybe someone else has mentioned it but shouldn't you add some contact info i you reel? If someone likes it (I do :) ) then you should make sure that those clients can reach you ;)

BTW, great work! :buttrock:

Katachi
11-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Great work bek!

I like the music and imo it suits the reel very well. ok, probably really a bit too loud.. :)

Keep it up!

Originally posted by el_mone
Like Daim from germany and other writers, a really good idea I think

Uh yeah, Daim from Hamburg. I guess he is the cornerstone of all 3dimensional graffiti work in germany. I saw him spraying 3 or 4 times live (only once all alone, other times he worked with his friends...) and it was pretty amazing what he does in 2D on the wall (he did that pixelated thing, donīt know if anybody knows it)..

Just besides :)

Best
Samir

Ac0rN
11-13-2003, 12:59 PM
That was just too good :cry:

GREAT GREAT WORK DUDE :thumbsup: :applause:

btw , who did the music?

syrez-one
11-13-2003, 02:27 PM
are u into graphitti stuff?

the 3d text objects impressed alot.. i dunno if its just me, but me having done some artwork in this area, i was always stunned by 3d pieces like u did..

it reminds me of "daim" www.daim.org, german writer

but the rest is still very stylish and fantastic anyway ;))

greetz,
patrick

eburdeinick
11-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Very nice work !!! trabajas para sony en venezuela ? te felicito por tu trabajo....

adldesigner
11-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Very good reel.

Muy buenas las animaciones, particularmente las de Sony.
Quizas me parece que algunas cosas estaban puestas por llenar espacio (repetición de animaciones) pero all in all, muy bueno. :thumbsup:

TheEdge
11-13-2003, 04:00 PM
For advertising and such this reel looks really good. Is Cinema 4d your tool of choice? How long have you been in the industry?

cuse
11-13-2003, 04:55 PM
some very good work in there... Good edit as well though it feels like your showing the same work a little too much (i mean its very obvious when you go back to a clip from a job you've already shown). Anyway, good stuff... may be wise to close with your logo/details i guess?

cuse

fabmedia
11-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by xeno
I agree, ...
Otherwise it mite be a case where people are put off right away by the music and decide to take the other person, with similar talents.

That is a good point. But if someone really is looking at the work, then the music is second on the list.

INFACT... usually (for the most part) regardless of the music, I've found that as long as the visuals and the audio sync up and the edits are made so that the visuals work with the audio (or vise-versa) it will make whatever is being produced (in this case a demo reel) much better.

A little rambling from my old school daze..

Excelent work though!

Arlen

Lee3dee
11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
just watched your reel. and 3 times too. I really liked the pacing and the music just fits it very well. for only 1min 15 sec, you sure do have alot of great content.

This would serve a good example of good editing and how to do a demo reel, as opposed to mine which was shot, shot, shot, it had no timing, u definately gave me some ideas ;).

Excellent job!

chrisWhite
11-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Very sweet man, looking great! :bounce:

bek
11-13-2003, 08:06 PM
ok first of all! thks for the soport and the critics and comments!!

-Where can we find more of ur work ?

http://www.die-gestalten.de/display.php?template=verlag.php&usetmpl=73&cat=1&sub=3&item=497&curr=9&sample=big_writing_118_119.jpg

-what is the name of the band that does that song and the song name?

Fanny Pack

-Maybe someone else has mentioned it but shouldn't you add some contact info i you reel? If someone likes it (I do ) then you should make sure that those clients can reach you

yep i now! i have a web page but the proble is i dont have ware to hosted! so this guys come and help me aout white some mirrors thks Kaiskai ThirdEye and mimo8 you guys are the best!

-who did the music?

Fanny Pack

-are u into graphitti stuff?

yep i am a graffer! and i love the work from loomit, nosm, how, neck, daim, DELTA is the best and he is the one how Inspired me

-trabajas para sony en venezuela ?

quisiera yo! no no trabajo en sony he hecho trabajos para ellos pero no trabajo directamente con ellos! yo trabajo para www.masa.com.ve

- Is Cinema 4d your tool of choice?

i have work hite maya and 3d max! nut i think cinema is teh best way to go for the work i do! it is fats stable and its rendering engine is FANTASTIC!

- How long have you been in the industry?

for about 3 to 4 years!

well i think thast all the questions so thks! guys

and hey keep on comming ths critics and the comments!!!!!

and here is my dierct email if any one has somthing to tell me about a job or somthing! =)

thks! to all u gusy really!!

thks!

cuatroDs
11-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Esta bien depinga el demo pana, me alegra conocer mas gente de venezuela ke este en esto, aki te dejo mi msn para ver si nos ponemos en contacto por el messenger, dddd_ve@hotmail.com.

mimo8
11-13-2003, 10:19 PM
hi bek!

like most people here and as I said before I am really inspired by the 3D-graphiti-in-motion tag.

I checked out the limk you said and I will order the book where your work is alos published
writing by die gestallten
seems good stuff

but perhaps you are willing to show some renderings of that tag in a bigger resolutionb than in the mov ... :bounce:

would really like to study it a bit

gracias tipo rico!
(tio rico is a brand for icecream in venezuela, or? - I really liked the name and was looking for a t-shirt wis their name, back in the days, when ... but that would lead too far : )

fabriciomicheli
11-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Fantastic work my friend! that's a point for Latin America CG Artists! :beer:

(muy bueno tu trabajo realmente. te felicito. es bueno saber que hay gente muy capaz en nuestro olvidado continente del sur) Excelente uso de After effects y Cinema 4D.

Keep it up!

P.S.// do you have a website?

:thumbsup:

Marc Andreoli
11-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by bek
ok first of all! thks for the soport and the critics and comments!!

-Where can we find more of ur work ?

http://www.die-gestalten.de/display.php?template=verlag.php&usetmpl=73&cat=1&sub=3&item=497&curr=9&sample=big_writing_118_119.jpg

I am sooooooo buying that book...:thumbsup:

bek
11-13-2003, 11:07 PM
i also have some work publish in this one too

latino this is a book made in the ofice i work in MASA.COM.VE

http://www.die-gestalten.de/display.php?template=verlag.php&usetmpl=3&cat=1&sub=3&item=345

this is a nice book of design and inspirations!

sockey
11-14-2003, 02:02 AM
wicked work.. its great.. and i thought the music was good and timed well

mimo8
11-14-2003, 11:11 AM
chance for higher resolution grafiti stills

would be great !!!

gf666
11-14-2003, 12:06 PM
really good work!!

I love the grafity pieces, they're awesome!!!

:buttrock:

Marc Andreoli
11-14-2003, 06:48 PM
...don't forget the mmmmmmmmmmmmagic mushrooms :eek: :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.