PDA

View Full Version : THE WAVE: Ok eirther I shelve this challenge...OR

RobertoOrtiz
12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi guys,
I am not surprised for the low turnout for the current challenge.
For staters your mod let a silly thing like, planning a wedding, to cut into his modeling time for the assets for the challenge.
Thus no assets
And of course the challenge is running in the holidays, a time that people usually reserve to reflect on the past and be with family.

But come one, we can squeeze one more challenge in this year.

I was thinking why, what the hell, not try something different.
For the first time do a TRUE challenge collaboration.
Have multiple people, in different parts of the world generate ONE common entry.
(Yes this is a hail Mary move)

What do you guys think?
Is this a good idea, or should call it a day on this challenge?

Looking forward to your comments and ideas.

-R

rafamathard
12-02-2011, 12:19 AM
I think that would be awesome...i can model assets and help with the final comp

ChristianZ
12-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi !

although it is known, I just wanted to mention again that these simulations take a lot of time, usually days, and if you trash and restart it several times, a couple of weeks are quickly over. And then the rendering of water and foam or even volumetric clouds is also rather challenging, especially with slower equipment (heaven forbid unbiased render engines...). Such a project could take several months :shrug:

RobertoOrtiz
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
We can do this...
The key is not to overthink it.
For starters it does NOT have to be simulated.

geroglifico
12-07-2011, 02:46 AM
Does it have to be in finished rendered mode, almost ready for a movie, or can we post it in particle mode?

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2011, 02:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.