PDA

View Full Version : Learning 3D Char Anim - Divx Video on Demand now available

Jeff Lew
11-11-2003, 06:27 PM
The Divx Video on Demand is now available for my Learning 3D Character Animation DVD. For those of you who don't wish to pay the s/h costs or import tax for the DVD, or are concerned about NTSC/PAL issues, this is an ideal option. For more info go to:

http://www.jefflew.com

Thanks,

Jeff Lew

NUKE-CG
11-11-2003, 07:08 PM
:surprised
**NUKE-CG's right eye twitches..**
Must..
Hold..
Out..
For..
DVD..
in the mail.. soon my precious.

Jeff Lew
11-11-2003, 11:33 PM
VOD is having technical difficulties. It is now unavailable until further notice. :blush:

Sorry,

Jeff Lew

Larry_g1s
11-12-2003, 12:28 AM
I've been looking very forward to this video sense you first meantioned it. :thumbsup:

Now that the DVD's done, what are you currently working on? And what, if you don't mind me asking, all did you do for the Matrix? Thanks.

Linus Ericson
11-12-2003, 05:01 AM
I cant find anyting about vide demand on site?

Ed Bittner
11-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Jeff,
I sent away for you're dvd right after I got the e-mail announcement from you. I think it's great.Very informative. I started out in 1977 as a stop-motion animator. When I made the leap to CG, (it took me a while), I was still thinking forward kinematics for, what seemed to be, a long time. So now, I think it's cool that programs are giving the animator the ability to switch between IK and FK with a tick of the mouse to improve workflow. Anyway, the DVD rocks. I hope you make a million dollars.
Ed

Jeff Lew
11-13-2003, 05:30 AM
Hi guys,

DivX VOD is back online and is fully operational now. :thumbsup:

To Juggernaut: What am I working on now? KB3...... What did I do on Matrix Reloaded? I mainly worked on the Burly Brawl sequence. I animated the majority of the CG Neo's and the main CG Smiths (the ones Neo interacts with) Total about 20 shots.

To Ed Bittner: Thanks! It was one of my goals with the DVD to help traditional animators transition to 3D easier. I hope my DVD has helped you out.

Jeff Lew

Larry_g1s
11-13-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Lew
To Juggernaut: What am I working on now? KB3...... What did I do on Matrix Reloaded? I mainly worked on the Burly Brawl sequence. I animated the majority of the CG Neo's and the main CG Smiths (the ones Neo interacts with) Total about 20 shots.

So very very cool. That's something nice to have under your belt. I loved it by the way. Like I said before, I'm definitly getting your DVD.

RandomArc
11-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Just got the first part on VOD but won't play. I think it's something to do with the firewall here at work, it does say to make sure you are viewing it on your own machine which I am, it just happens to be at work! I was hoping this would be a straight download but that doesn't seem to be the case which is a shame. I'm gonna email Jeff to see what the score is, feels like I've wasted 20 bucks at the mo. :cry:

FatAssasin
11-13-2003, 05:23 PM
"Be sure that you are using your own personal computer to view the video."

Does this mean that you can only watch the video on the computer you downloaded it to? Is the downloaded file not a normal Divx avi? I use my work computer for all my large downloads and then watch them at home because I don't have a fast connection at home. And what about archiving the video onto cd? I have second thoughts now about ordering this.

JA-forreal
11-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Well Jeff, your little online clip sold me man. I like your use of basic 3d animation terminology that is present in most of the progressive 3d animation software. I use Blender and some of the animation tips that I learned for Blender came from Blender 3d animators who use Hash software. This is so cool.

Jeff Lew
11-13-2003, 10:23 PM
Hi guys:

To RandomArc: Don't worry, I emailed your info to DivX for a refund.

To JA-forreal: Thanks!

BTW, here's some info I got from DivX. Hope this clears up some confusion:

>>> Will it still play on the new computer?
Once you purchase this video, the digital copy is yours. For best
results, we do recommend you fully download the video on your current
computer. After that, you can move it to your new computer, save it to CDR,
etc. As long as you use the same username/password in the DivX Player
on your new computer, the video will playback. In summary, the
security for this file is tied to your DivX username/password and not the PC.

> Do I need a internet connection everytime I need to play this?
In order to provide security of the video files, and to protect it from
being pirated, the digital copy of the movie you own triggers the DivX
Player to authenticate that you are the same person requesting to watch
the file as originally bought it. So, in response to your question,
yes you need to be connected each time you initially want to play it and
request the playback key.

Jeff

RandomArc
11-14-2003, 08:47 AM
A big thanks to both Jeff ( can't beleive a god actually emailed me) and DivX for the prompt responses to my problem.
Looks like I may have to bite the bullet and order the DVD.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.