PDA

View Full Version : Nuke features & Nodal compositing

DanielWray
11-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Just a quick question,

I don't currently have access to Nuke so I can't confirm; the question is, does the standard Nuke have 2D planar & stabilization capabilities, or is it just NukeX which has such features? (I looked on the website but I cannot find a full feature list).

Also has anyone any input on the benefits of nodal compositing, is there anything that you find you can do a lot easier as opposed to layer based compositing?

So far some of the things I've come up with are the ability to construct your own complex operators/ operator groups to perform operations on images, such as constructing your own keying tool, or turning a custom pass into a workable pass for compositing (a position pass into an axis specific depth pass for example).

Thanks,

Dan.

DanielWray
11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Answered my own question.

Nuke has 2D tracking capabilities according to Nuke 101.

pingking
11-28-2011, 06:29 PM
nuke has 2d tracking, but only nuke x has the planar tracker.

you can download a fully working testversion of nuke from the foundry, you will get a 15day test licences and after that you can work with it as a PLE (personal learning edition). the ple saves a diffrent format as the comercial one and will show a watermark in the viewer

DanielWray
11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks, I've downloaded the PLE edition.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.