digitalphotoart + handpainted ps7/elements + optic mouse

"In Noragoth all toys are abused and broken,
tattered and torn but all very much aware,
for in this land ... toys are soul."
(c)kiresiwel

this image was generated
having the above passage in mind,
my contribution to Donnie's Nomad,
a cartoon character of an artist friend of mine kiresiwel (http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=526251&Start=1&Artist=kiresiwel&ByArtist=Yes)
and his adventure in a short story with the Evil King!
Donnie Nomad and the Evil King (http://dreamzboard.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=shortstory)

jawine
11-12-2003, 10:01 AM
I think it's a nice picture with a dreamy feeling.

But i wonder if that fits the story, because i made out of it that donnie is made from dolls cloth (which doesnt show too much he has stitches but the rest looks a lot like skin) and he looks quite serene to me but in the story he is described as a bit mad.

So in short: your work gives me a nice dreamy feeling while i imagine the donnie of the story as a bit of a crazy person, so i'd go for a drawing that tries to express this feeling of craziness.

hope this helps :)

dreamz
11-12-2003, 06:40 PM
hello there,
thank u so much for taking the time
to comment and to read the story,
i trully appreciate that, thank u ;0]

MarkSnoswell
11-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Oh, that is nice. YOu really are on track here. The eye in central and straight on to the samera -- which emphasises your theme of "the eye is the window into the soul" ... the shilouet is good.

About the only thing I would ask is -- have you played with slightly different shapes for the eyes and also the size of the iris and pupil? ... There is nothing wrong aith what you have done at all ... and there is nothing to correct or improve. But , if you havnt already, you owe it to yourself to do a few different versions with just altering the eye a little. This will make a dramatic difference to the feel of the image -- bring it to life more or changing the character.

Mark

dreamz
11-12-2003, 06:50 PM
yes, that is the point,
Donnie is a broken toy made from dolls cloth,
but he has a Soul that reveals itself on his eyes,
thank u so much Mark for your suggetion,
i could work more on the shades around the eye
and see how it works, and yes, CG is definetily the Best ;0]

kuranda
11-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Nice, evocative, works well.
Just one comment/suggestion: when I look at your piece, I find I start at the eye and am then drawn along the curve of bramble (?) from below the eye to the top of the head. Because you have used desaturated colour in the eye and ear I am expecting to see similar in the butterflies, but am met with complete desaturation. If you feel inclined you might like to try adding a bit of colour to these butterflies in line with the rest of the composition.

Cheers

jddog
11-13-2003, 03:02 PM
juste un passage, wow, that's so nice. Interesting comment by kuranda... quite agree with him about color/saturation.

jdd ;)

dreamz
11-13-2003, 07:11 PM
ok, u guys have the right to your own opinion,
but this is not complete desaturation, this is a secret of my own making,
and i don't know yet, if i should reveal it or not to the world!!!
mwuuaaaa aha hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ....
ok, ok, just kiddin' ;0] thanks for the kind words
and thanks all for the advice so far ;0]

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.