why is it when I run this script...

macroScript MoveY
category:"My scripts"
Buttontext:"MoveY"
tooltip:"MoveY"
(
move $.selectedverts [0,5,0]
)

...the vertices I had selected gets deselected? Has it something to do with it being a macroscript?
Thanks

Rivendale
11-11-2003, 08:13 PM
I run the script, then after a while this pops up in the listner:
$.EditablePoly.SetSelection #Vertex #{}
wich deselecs all verts. What do I need to add to keep them selected?

I also tried to do this:

macroScript MoveY
category:"My scripts"
(
move $.selectedverts [0,5,0]
v=polyop.getvertselection $
polyop.setvertselection $ v
)
But I get the same result after the macro is finished...please help me out here...

Rivendale
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Hmm...the reason this happened seems to be that I had it binded to the up arrow key. It doesn't happen with other keys than the arrow keys, strange.
I'm trying to do something like I described in my script suggestions thread in the MAXscript forum so it would be natural to have the shortcuts on the arrow keys. But I guess other keys will have to do, unless somebody can offer me a fix for it...

LFShade
11-11-2003, 08:30 PM
You should post this kind of question to the Maxscript forum;)

I can't reproduce the problem; the verts remain selected for me after running the macroscript. What version of Max are you using?

***I just caught that last message you posted. I'll see if I can reproduce that behavior. That doesn't seem normal...***

RH

thorn3d
11-12-2003, 01:08 AM
Using Max5.1 - I just ran your macro, and assigned to the Up Arrow key.

Made a teapot, convert to Epoly, selected some points, hit the arrow key.

The points moved and stayed selected. Perhaps you have something else assigned to the Up Arrow key as well, or some other key shortcut conflict?

thorn

LFShade
11-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I had the same results (verts stayed selected properly), I just ran out of time earlier to post. I don't think it would be a key binding conflict, since Max is smart enough not to allow that. It's a very curious problem:shrug:

RH

Rivendale
11-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Ok, that's wierd. Might have something to do with my configuration of MAX, not sure. Anyway the sript is ready now, I've posted it in the MAX forum:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102350
Try it uot and let me know what you think. It's only the second script I've made, but I think it does the job. The way the script works now you can't type in any unit amount to move the selection. It would be good if one could do that, but this was the best I could come up with right now:). Thanks for the replys.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.