PDA

View Full Version : Titanic recreated in CryENGINE 3 (video)

-SD-
11-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Quite remarkable real-time footage here from the inside of Titanic rendered in CryENGINE 3. This is a work in progress demo video of the project being developed by ORM Entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IKqjb9TRY

Resolution goes up to 1080p.

Snooba
11-23-2011, 11:58 PM
That looks amazing. I smell a new custom MP map :)
I'm the king of the wooooooor....BANG!!!

JoshBowman
11-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Very impressive! I can't wait to grab it and have an explore. I'd love to see more historical things and places recreated in game engines to enable us to explore our history.

darkjedi1929
11-24-2011, 11:48 AM
It looks real good, would like to see it with some people in it. You know, to add some life to it. It kinda looks too...dull.

Or you could just add Kate Winslet in there....:twisted:

Syndicate
11-24-2011, 12:12 PM
As much as I appreciate the concept of the clip, I still think it looks really flat :(
Then again, that's why we got a lighting team to help bring scenes to life - something these guys really need to do

CHRiTTeR
11-24-2011, 12:24 PM
You know it a bit off topic but its also the first thing that came into my mind.

In raytracing vs rasterisation discussions ppl always say that reflections arent that important and ppl wont notice the difference anyway.

I know this isnt raytraced, but the key thing that makes this video look so good is that the reflections look allot better than we were used to see in a game. This shows that reflections can make a huge difference.

it does look awesome

VictorSantos
12-01-2011, 02:20 AM
Really stunning work, no crits. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2011, 02:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.