PDA

View Full Version : Mel programmer wanted for small assignement

remxxx
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm currently working for a gamedevelopment studio and I need a relatively basic MEL-script for a special task. Unfortunatly, my scriptskills are long since forgotten.

Here's the assignment specifikation:

Create a mel script with different "presets" that generates grass.
Use the switches to create the different "presets".
Create different procedures for different parts of the script. procedures with returns!
Do not forget to design your own grass to make it as you want it, feel free to add several "presets".
I prefer that you spend some extra time on the UIT.

If you think you have the knowledge to complete the job there will be a good compensation in return. Aswell as a big "THANKS"

Joviex
11-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Sounds like a neat little project.

Does it/ must it be MEL? Can it not be python?

Cheers.

remxxx
11-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Yes it has to be in MEL!

thematt
11-25-2011, 07:46 AM
I think you'll need to be a bit more clear about your project...like what kinda grass do you need (modeling, fur, pfx, different color, ect..) also do it have to generate grass over large surface or is it simply some grass leaves? also it seems that you're looking to create someting like the LayoutTool from teh bonus tool is that correct?

simple question to help people visualise tehe project so they could get interested.

cheers

remxxx
11-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Very well, I schould point out that I've found someone to help me! So feel free to shut down thread, Admin!!!

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2011, 09:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.