PDA

View Full Version : Houdini voronoi fracture geos to maya.Please help.

wjc1110
11-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi guys,

This is William here, currently working on a project. Where I have to fracture stuff and blow it up. I have never work with Houdini before but manage to use basic scatter node and voronoi fracture node to fracture the simple box ( for the test).

This Box, I model in Maya export out as FBX and bring in to Houdini, fractured it, save as obj and bring it back to MAYA.
Everything works.

But here is a question why when I bring it back into Maya I apply a field on it to blow it up, when the geo are fracturing, I can see inside the geo is empty... basically just the faces are flying.( is not solid)

i'm guessing the things are freaking me out is when i'm done fracturing in Houdini I've applied a exploview node on it. everything was solid, but when I'm back into maya, geo's inside are empty.

Thanks for all your time reading it through, hopefully we can all learn from each other.

William

penboack
11-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Sounds like you need to go through this (http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1846&Itemid=346) tutorial on Side Effects website.

Video is at the bottom of the page, downloadable from Vimeo.

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2011, 12:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.