PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Dungeon Escape

The_Magician
11-11-2003, 06:55 AM
Ok, I finally Finished it!!!

Well, not really finished, not where I wanted it, but its at a point where I felt I could hand it in.

Its taken me a around 5 weeks to make this. Then at week 4 I lost 3 weeks of work... the lost stuff being 3d work. All that remained was the scene and the guard. Oh well, the overall animation itself is better now.

So this was animated in one week! I feel pretty proud, seeing as its my second character I've animated.
And that guy at the start, I rendered him, then lost him, hehe.

It's in DivX, 320*240, I'm not a very good video compressor, sorry. Goes for around 1.5 minutes.

Made with #D Studio MAX 5.1

Dungeon Escape (http://kali.qcas.gu.edu.au/aaa/sites/happy/animaitons/dungeon.avi)

NOTE: Its called Episode 2 because theres a back story. I intend to remake this whole thing when I have better skillz, and get time to remake the character meshes I lost.

... ENJOY!!!!

Thekkur
11-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Very good start! :buttrock: But I suppose this project was more about the animation then about the modeling, right? The movements are very good, but the texturing and the modeling lower the overall impression. If you'd do something about these it'll become an excelent movie!

A small comment about the animations: the guard in the first shot could use some bouncing, it seems as if he slides towards the door.
:wip:

The_Magician
11-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Cheers Thekkur

Yeah, it was about the animation.

I HAD 3 characters, and roughly a minutes more animaiton, but nice file corruptions took care of those. How it hit my whole Directory I have no idea.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.