PDA

View Full Version : Weighted mode and Metaeffector problem

HellBorn
11-11-2003, 06:02 AM
I got Messiah a few days ago and currently I'm playing around with the Bone deformers and metaeffector. Yesterday I tried the Weighted draw mode that shows the influence of bones and meta effectors. The problem I have (well I have several but this is the most disturbing ) is that the screend don't update. If I select a new bone I have to switch between the setup mode and the animation mod in order for the screen to uppdate. Why does it not update automatically when I change the selected bone or when I move it.

Is this because of some setting that I have missed somewere?

Or if it really is supposed to work this way Is there som key that can force a screen update or is it possible to set on up?

Mike RB
11-11-2003, 06:11 AM
I get the same behaviour here.

Stoehr
11-11-2003, 06:58 AM
Same problem here. I think this is why I thought I was doing something wrong in the first place.

Freebooter
11-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Yes, it's annoying, isn't it?

I find myself using the "t" (setup) and "n" (animate) keys to flip between the modes when I need to tweak a new bone/effector.

HellBorn
11-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I just made a visit at FedEx and fetched the tutorial CDs from Cosman that just arrived.

I don't have messiah here at work so I will have to wait and test when I get home but I did take a look at one of the Videos and he does not have that problem in the video. He is using messiah 3.3 and I'm using messiah 4.

So is this a messiah 4 issue, a graphic card problem or just me doing something wrong?

markpassion
11-11-2003, 12:48 PM
if you are just looking at bone weight and not metaEffector weights this could be the case. MetaEffectors don't have any refresh problems though.

That doesn't really help does it. :hmm:

Freebooter
11-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by markpassion
if you are just looking at bone weight and not metaEffector weights this could be the case. MetaEffectors don't have any refresh problems though.

That doesn't really help does it. :hmm:

Well, it helps me a wee bit, 'cos I don't tend to use metaeffectors over much, so knowing that it's not just me is rather comforting. :)

Cheers

Julez4001
11-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Post this over at the yahoo group.

PMG always check there first.

HellBorn
11-12-2003, 05:41 AM
Well, as allready said by Markpassion the problem does not exist with meataeffectors. I had no problem following Cosman tutorial videos. Weight mapping worked as a dream.

However...
In the model in witch I experimented with bone weights I also had the same problems with the metaeffector. So it seems to have to do with bone weights.

Not much more I can say about it right now as I cant make any new tests untill I get home from work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.