PDA

View Full Version : 3D enviroment: Mechanical temple

Kain
11-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Hello to all. I have a problem, I have a scenario with a lot of mesh and I have illuminated it with VRay... and there is my problem here, each square takes about 45 min. approx. and clear, I don't have all the eternity for render the short animation, and I would like somebody to give me some solution or alternative... I don't request miracles, if it could reduce to 25 min. of render it would be better, but, in short.

For if it serves as help, the scene has 1 million polygons, characters separated and unite 20 you shine VRayshadow with attenuation "inverse square" and that they project shades. The antialiasing of VRay this with 2 subdivisions and I have only activated the indirect illumination.

I wait that you can help me, thank you ahead of time.
http://emilioraya.en.eresmas.net/3D/Escenario08.jpg
http://emilioraya.en.eresmas.net/3D/Escenario16.jpg

jCoops
11-10-2003, 11:21 PM
Don't know much about Vray, but IMHO i think it's a bit too dark. Bot looks good from what I can see. :thumbsup:

Kain
11-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Thank you :cry: :cry:

valu
11-13-2003, 02:27 AM
The scene seems to be great ,but I realy canīt see it , be couse is too dark.
About the ilumination , you could fake it with a half dome of light. It work very well.It would be faster too.

1001 JediNights
11-13-2003, 03:30 AM
psst... vray uses a LOT of ram.

If nothing else, at least increase your virtual memory.

Looks good though!

arliss
11-13-2003, 09:12 PM
theres a lot going on there:)

would like to see some more lighting- I know that your attempting to evoke a certain mood but maybe crank it up just a bit more

Njen
11-13-2003, 09:37 PM
I am definately sure you can fake a lot of this with some well placed lights, thus not having to rely on GI and/or indirect illumination being calculated, which will definately decrease your rendertimes.

Maybe chack your raytrace bounces too, and turn it down to 2 or even one.

Cool setup, though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.