PDA

View Full Version : Rigging HELP!!

NicoleWingfield
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
I am creating a simple robot in Maya. Of course, since it is Maya nothing is simple to a beginner...

I have attached an image of the little guy. the arm is 4 separate pieces and I have the skeleton all working and ready to bind. It is not binding... okay it is not binding correctly. I have tried bind, smooth bind, bind selected joints (first selecting joints then the 4 pieces of mesh). I have tried the same in rigid bind. I have tried to bind one piece of mesh at a time.... nothing I am doing is working.

I am on here in hopes that someone will know what I am doing wrong, because I certainly cannot figure it out. :banghead:

the legs are the same and so is the other arm and the head. I want the torso not to move at all and I would rather not spend a millenia painting weights as I made the pieces separate to "save time"

I truly appreciate any and all help

aaibel
11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi Nicole,

Are you getting any error messages or anything like that? could you perhaps post a scene file?

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.