PDA

View Full Version : woman realistic

fast4ry
11-10-2003, 05:54 PM
hi this is my female model, seems realistic?
c&c are wellcome.

excuse my engish.

fast4ry
11-10-2003, 05:57 PM
front side

anoe_nomus
11-10-2003, 10:42 PM
great start.
work on the overall shape of the head. a female head is more oval than circular, so adjust the rear of the head this way the rest of the forehead is more proportional.
give a liitle more cheekbones and less jaw muscle (IMO)
good luck, keep up the good work:thumbsup:

tonygib
11-12-2003, 03:57 AM
yeah, thats pretty fast, one things that bothers me the most, though it all depends on your character design and the exact look you are going for, but from the almost side view, the forehead and nose look a little wrong.

The forehead seams a little to much forward, a bit like a cliff face drop to the nose.

Speakign of the nose, it seams a little too pointed, bit like a ski ramp :)

The other thing to check, which really needs a direct side view, ie only one eye socket visable, is the placement or position of the eyes, mouth corner and hoe far the nose wings are set back into the face.

A common problem is that ppl tend to not set the eyes back far enough compared to the bridge of the nose, while having the mouth and especially the mouth corners, set too far forward.

A very good referance for all this and later animating expressions, etc is a book by Gary Faigin called "The Artist's Complete Guide to Facial Expression". It has two pencil drawings of a female face on the cover, one normal look, the other smiling.

fast4ry
11-12-2003, 07:36 PM
well the idea was only about face,the rest of the head no matters my for the moment.
respect to the checkbones some womans have it and others no, only its a cuestion of what face you want.

yes maybe the nose seems a sky ramp.
i be working for make the line of the wing of the nose and change the size when adjust simetry.
for the momen i like eyes in this place if i move can seem a boxer.

i post the new changes soon

thanks

hope you can stand my english.

fast4ry
11-14-2003, 06:32 PM
new changes

JasonOsipa
11-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Something that's more than just a preference, it's a reality issue; is that she doesn't have a brow ridge. The transitin from forehead to eye socket is not making me believe there's a skull under there.

Another thing, is that when you look at people closely, you'll notice (there ARE exceptions) but the vast majority of people have a philtrum (under-nose divot) that actually comes quite a bit farther forward than the "back" of the lips, the corners. (Profile terms). What that means is that the nostrils actually anchor farther back than it might seem. Basically the nose on your model currently feels like it's in front of the face as opposed to coming out of it. That also ties into two mouth comments that the mouth needs to be "rounder", go back farther on the sides (thereby leaving the current profile, but creating that philtrum depth difference I mentioned) and also the mouth corners need to be surrounded by more mass, probably best achieved by leaving some of the surrounding area as you pull the corners back.

Here's a pic of a model I made for my book that you can see the depth difference near the philtrum and how that affects the nose anchor points, and also the shading and shaping near the corners.
http://www.jasonosipa.com/Downloads/PhiltrumNCorners2Views.jpg

In any case, good work, and keep going! -J.

fast4ry
11-14-2003, 09:58 PM
a very complicate english,but i think i stand.i try to do it an see the results.

thanks for the feedback

tonygib
11-15-2003, 03:52 AM
yup, now that the new render shows a proper side view, the few things that I said in my first post and that JasonOsipa pointed out about the nose wings and mouth corners turned out to be true.

I think it is a very common mistake, for the most part we tend to see people front on and just don't totally realise how far back into the face the nose and mouth really goes and when looking front on, it is very hard to tell, since the face can appear fine.

Still, your model has everything it needs, just a bit of pushing and pulling in a couple of places, so not a huge problem to fix.

You like to post a wireframe tho fast4ry, depending on if oyu have animation in mind, you may still have construction problems that have yet to show up.

EdmX
11-17-2003, 07:45 PM
:thumbsup:

hey man...
tanx for your tips...
keep on going with your model and uŽll gonna get it...

i made some upadates of my model..
if you wanna look..

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=103539

http://edmx.0catch.com/3views.jpg -- [copy - paste]

keep on going

fast4ry
11-18-2003, 06:20 PM
well,i made some changes.

i add a little mas in the corner of the lips and pull back the wings of the nose,and make the nose more short,but i think now beguns to seem a male in the front view.

mybe the jaws need be more fat.
ah, i change the philter of the nose.

tell me how look now,i beguin to think that the beeter thin i can doo with dis modelll is press key supr.

he jasonopia very god reply,very concret.

hope you can stand my english.

fast4ry
11-18-2003, 06:23 PM
front

fast4ry
11-18-2003, 06:26 PM
side

fast4ry
11-18-2003, 07:06 PM
hey tonigib! for the moment i not animate this model,im working in another for animation,
i can feel ashamed if i post the wire,this is my first head.
but maybe i post,in this way is more easy see my fails.thanks

...................................................................................................
spanish_
kiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa brrrra kia brrra ba ba.

english_
come on seeb,come on!

EdmX
11-18-2003, 07:22 PM
ola que tal???

:]

well...u getting there..
but need more work...
you can try to fix the bumps over your face.
and around the eyes ..working on the eyebrows.
and the front view. you could work more on the shape of the head.
try to get some photo reference.

keep on going

AlexanderN
11-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Make the nose smaller.

tonygib
11-19-2003, 03:54 AM
fast,

well, sometimes even if you don't plan to animate, just the position of the wire frame and edge loops can explain why things have bumps or a particular shape/form is hard to achive.

fast4ry
11-19-2003, 06:49 PM
well,i post my wire and see.but its y first human head no crit hard
iv got post front and side ,no?

post tomorrow today i cant,no internet in my house.

someone knows where i can find a image of a chicken??????

EdmX
11-20-2003, 04:10 PM
MAN

TRY TO SEARCH AT WWW.GOOGLE.CA
IMAGES..
CHICKEN..
YOU MAY GET SOME..
about your bumps..
yeah man,...
you have to keep tweeking...[??]
try to use some smooth painting....

good luck

fast4ry
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
hahahahahah ha ha ha ha ha jajajajajajaja jajajaaajjjjjjjjjjjj
:(

esque me parto de la risa.

......................................................................................................
excuse my english.

fast4ry
11-20-2003, 07:28 PM
hi. i not post wires today,im working in somethings,in the jaw and eyes and checkbones ,and front.tomorrow post and see.
somebody knows a good tutorial for make a hear?not poligonal tutorial , spline tutorial.

i hope the results will be better after this changes,and receive a good critic or a god critic at finally.

hope yuo can stand my english,y try to upgrade my language
ala a kaskala.

fast4ry
11-21-2003, 08:11 PM
new changes.

fast4ry
11-21-2003, 08:13 PM
fron view.

tonygib
11-22-2003, 05:07 AM
OK, thats all starting to look a lot better. Only one thing that is wrong.

On the side view, the nostrils are out too far, if you find a side photo, you will see that they are more back into the face, with maybe the nose wings set in a bit more too.

Other then that it is all looking pretty good so far.

EnderW
11-23-2003, 06:42 PM
hi!!!

good started.....

is very good
----------------------------------------

esta muy chulo...es un buen comienzo esta bastante suave.....demomento parece un robot pero eso es normal al ser simetrica y demas.....

yo con las orejas siempre me pego jejeje osea que prefiero no aconsejarte respecto a eso.

yo de madrid :beer:

fast4ry
12-03-2003, 05:38 PM
side

fast4ry
12-03-2003, 05:40 PM
front

fast4ry
12-05-2003, 09:23 PM
feel free to say something,c&c. pliz

XYZRGB
12-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Wow, she is really coming along well. You have really made some great changes to your model so far.

fast4ry
12-08-2003, 08:23 PM
thanks to all :) thank you tony :thumbsup: .
i continue modellin and texturing,maybe the ears are to small but people say that some persons have ears very small.
i think the modell is ready but i dont know,now i am texturing and bumping.

http://picserv.beyond-reality.nl/getpicture.php?id=547817&check=4ba21d

XYZRGB
12-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Nice modelling on those eyes.
Looking good. :thumbsup:

fast4ry
12-09-2003, 06:53 PM
thanks vegan :)

some textures now

eye
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/getpicture.php?id=550517

lips
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/getpicture.php?id=550520
:wip:

XYZRGB
12-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Wow that's really coming along well.
No criticisms yet - only a couple of suggestions.

The eyes - I notice you have a bump map .... but what about a color and specular map ? ( I know... its a WIP )
Do you plan to paint the textures, or do you plan to use a photo as a texture map ?
You might want to borrow a beauty magazine from a girl so that you can get some good pictures to study from.
If the photos are close up shots, a lot of them will show lots of great detail for using as textures.
Eventhough this may seem like a silly thing to do, it really is worth doing.

( The percentage on the bump map that you are using for the lips needs to be set a little higher. You can barely see it - especialy on the bottom lip )

Keep at it . It's looking good. :wip:

fast4ry
12-11-2003, 06:38 PM
hi vegan, im painting the texture because i dont have a photos for clone skin, i try to do this of beauty magazine,for the moment y dont use references,but i need for cloth.
thanks.

fast4ry
12-19-2003, 07:54 PM
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/getpicture.php?id=580474

fast4ry
03-09-2004, 07:21 PM
http://usuarios.lycos.es/neuro1/tia angulo.jpg
withaout specular and probisional bump.

fast4ry
03-22-2004, 07:31 PM
http://usuarios.lycos.es/neuro1/52shader1.jpg
more changes please help

WINGS4ME3D
03-23-2004, 12:14 PM
http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1003/bootsrmade4stompin/WINGS/crit.jpg

wow, i really like your texturing. only things that need work are,
1. looks like you have a 3 sided face on either side.
2. texture needs to fill bottom corner a bit more
3. round this out a little bit
4. pull the indent up away from the lip a little.

very nice work so far, look forward to seeing updates:thumbsup:

fast4ry
03-23-2004, 05:53 PM
hey WINGS4ME3D thanks for your help and your coments,
you have reason.i dont know how fix the problem with 3 sided face,this was modelling with spline:shrug: thanks

fast4ry
03-24-2004, 06:35 PM
now i have topologi to only one step,this seems fix the problem with 3 sided face.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/neuro1/57 topologia 1 paso.jpg

david-woo
06-05-2004, 10:44 AM
:thumbsup: Keep on doing efforts in modeling.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.