PDA

View Full Version : Brush of painter

LemoNHearT
11-10-2003, 03:08 PM
may i know that which brush in painter 8 same as smealy round in painter 7?
which brush is u guys normally use?brush that good 4 character design
thanx anyway~

tayete
11-11-2003, 09:20 AM
If I remember well, under the "Brush" category of brushes you can find the Smeary round in P8. I usually use Camel from that same category.

LemoNHearT
11-11-2003, 05:42 PM
i cant find the smeary round brush in the brush category,and cant find the camel brush also~how come?

Jinbrown
11-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi,

How come?

Simple answer is that you haven't looked in each of the brush categories.

Try doing that and I think you'll find that some of the brushes you may have used in earlier Painter versions have just been moved to new brush categories.

We could easily tell you, but you need to take time to find things that are easily found with a little effort.

Then you'll become familiar with what's available in Painter 8 more quickly than if you always rely on asking other people to tell you what's there.

Just call me mean old Jin. ;)

(It's for your own good, dear.)

LemoNHearT
11-12-2003, 09:00 PM
thanx jin~i seldom seldom use painter 1,i use photoshop more,normally,i colour in photoshop and touch up with painter.
Now i juz install painter 8 and quite confuse with some of those tools,coz it quite different with painter 7

Jinbrown
11-13-2003, 02:27 AM
Hi,

I understand it's confusing at first because some brushes have been moved to new categories, some are not there at all, and some are all new.

Best way to find what's there is to test all of them and take notes to remember the ones you'll want to use most.

It's the same thing any of us would have to do to find them for you, unless we just happened to remember.

Don't worry, it won't be long before you know where things are so just plunge in and start learning.

Believe me, it'll save you a lot of time and frustration in the long run.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.