PDA

View Full Version : Character - WIP

Beldor
01-19-2002, 03:14 PM
Hey all!

This here is an character I'm working abit on right now. He's supposed to be a cute version of an Igor :)
Currently I'm trying to set him up for animation, but since I've never done that before it takes a while ;)
Its especially hard to get the cloth part right. Any comments or tips on how to improve it is very welcomed!

http://higstud10.hig.no/bjo_borg/dyret/Igor02.jpg

Daxx
01-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Good Ideas but i think that the arms is short for animations ^_^

Sketch23
01-19-2002, 05:37 PM
Nice start. I think it would look a little better with some nice big ears. And I also agree that the arms are maybe a little too short. You'd have problems animating those.

Beldor
01-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Ears I dont know about.. I thought about it once but I didnt like the way it looked with them.. about the arms, they might be abit too short.. I'll have to see if I'll make them longer when I get more into the animation stage.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Darrell Croswell
01-19-2002, 07:59 PM
if you want your cloth to separate correctly you could try a corrective blend shape...
basically, after you have bound and weighted him to animate smoothly you can duplicate the surface that is being deformed.
2. then you unlock all of the channels on the duplicate.
3.then you can make it into a blend shape for the clothing that is being deformed.
just remember to go into your complete list of inputs and put your joints ahead of the blend shape in the hieraerchy.
4.finally you can sdk or write an expression for the blend shape to interact with the rotation of the bone.

i hope this makes sence to you while not making me look like some darn techy nerd.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.