PDA

View Full Version : how to make screenshot in flash??

gf666
11-10-2003, 10:36 AM
hi there,

im having a big problem and i hope someone could help me..
im a beginner with actionscript but i need to make a button in my flashproject and when you press on it you make a screendump from your movie (like taking a picture).
And if someone could help me further: the taken picture must also have the function to send it to a friend or whatever..

Please help asap and thanx for your time!!!!!!

gf666
11-10-2003, 03:27 PM
doesnt have anyone a link to a good tutorial site if they can't help me?? allready tried actionscript.org and flashfocus.com...

Ian Jones
11-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Hmm... sounds like a fairly difficult thing to do. I'm not surprised noone has any clue how to do it.

Could you just clarify a little more please? Exactly what needs to be 'captured'? just the contents of the flash window? or the whole screen including taskbar, desktop or whatever?

Maybe you could use the print action and then the user would have to specify print as *.pdf? Not exactly the best solution... just throwing ideas around for you.

gf666
11-11-2003, 02:02 PM
thanks for the help so far maybe you can do more with this info:
only the flash screen has to be captured (not the taskbar etc.)

gf666
11-11-2003, 02:08 PM
whoops i posted a lil too early
what i wanted to tell also:

I designed a little flash game: by using drag and drop you can dress santa width different types of clothes ( like a real rockstar or kinky dancer etc..) If you like it take a picture (=screenshot)and send it to a friend!!!

thats the idea..

I hope this is more usefull!!!

thnx

berniebernie
11-11-2003, 07:28 PM
Well there are a few ways to do this:

1) create a jpg for each and every possible combination of clothes, and send the image or link to the image to the user

2) send a flash swf thru mail (is it possible?) assigning some variables that will generate the clothes

anyway if you want quick responses for your flash projects check this forum: http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=9

and: http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

Ian Jones
11-11-2003, 11:47 PM
"2) send a flash swf thru mail (is it possible?) assigning some variables that will generate the clothes"

I would lean moreso towards this option, because it is easily extensible and also allows you to animate some sort of intro or whatever.

roromx
11-12-2003, 02:40 AM
no way
thats too complicated, and maybe impossible

have you see some e-cards that you build, with colors, different typefaces etc?

try doing that, maybe with PHP, any you send the variables threw mail

like:
red suit = red_suit
sun glasses = sun_g
etc etc etc

you send a URL to the friend, the url know what santa is dressing

the url will be stored in server drive for 15 days or so...

search for e-card on flashkit

gf666
11-12-2003, 09:02 AM
thank you for the information so far im gonna try some things and download tutorials, i hope ill find my way to work it out...before my deadline....

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.