PDA

View Full Version : enviroment: Basement Still

TOMMY 3D FREAK
11-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Hi guy's :) ,

Here's a still I made in about a day and a half. It's max 5. I rendered it with final render stage 1. I did some touching up in PS CS. Plz tell me what you think, I'd really appreciate some feedback!

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Kroes

:beer:

http://www.spectrum-animation.com/basement.jpg

TOMMY 3D FREAK
11-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Don't anyone want to comment on this thread?

Plz, I could really use some feedback!

:beer:

Shaykai
11-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Great job on the lighting. Did you add the light beams in post? They seem a little off. Like the beams aren't exactly going straight. Not too much to critique. good image, nice textures. It kind of looks like you were trying to create some sort of emotion in an artsy sort of way, but if you are i just don't get the message. Of course it might have just been a modeling/texture/lighting excersize. Perhaps add something to make it a little more interesting, maybe a poster on the wall? Something on the desk?
Its a great image, just a little dull.

Shaykai

TOMMY 3D FREAK
11-10-2003, 12:13 PM
thnx for the re shakai,

The beam of light is standard max volume light. I did not add it in post, but I think the camera could be placed a little bit lower so you don't get the straight dark shadow.

And I think you are also right that it does not really appeal visually, yet. I think the idea of a poster is great, and I'll work on that! I'll post a new version soon, and i'll be happy to receive some further critiques!!!

For now: thanks a lot!

Thomas Kroes

Shaykai
11-10-2003, 12:33 PM
I look forward to seeing your progress :)

Shaykai:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.