PDA

View Full Version : Maya Error on New scene

govindk
11-04-2011, 04:52 AM
I really not leaned towards Maya's scripting side...and these kind of errors freak me out.

// Error: deleteUI: Object 'gradientAttributeEditor' not found.

What does this mean? I mean am I doing something wrong?

It comes when I start a "new scene"

djx
11-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I think you can just ignore that one.

Maya is not very good at cleaning up the UI after old scenes and sometimes complains about missing objects. Its annoying because sometimes you may have a real error that actually is important, but you tend to ignore them all.

David

govindk
11-05-2011, 04:40 AM
OH okay....
I did ignore and carried on but posted it in-case its something serious.

How will you what is an "imp error," & what is not? :sad:

WesHowe
11-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Another is: // Error: Object 'EEexprNameT' not found. //
This happens when you make a new scene after having opened and used the Expression Editor. Safe to ignore.

<* Wes *>

djx
11-05-2011, 09:21 AM
How will you what is an "imp error," & what is not?
Yes. Good question. Experience I suppose. Like in Wes' example, when you open a new scene, the UI parts that was active in the old scene probably will throw an error because the objects they were displaying no longer exist.

David

govindk
11-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Ah, then that answers the question.... :beer:

It makes sense (regarding spotLight and Camera errors) now after reading both of your posts, thank you so much. (Guess I need to learn a little bit of M.E.L after all :hmm: ).

I even get errors when I rename a spotLight, it says something like; spotLightShape1 not found. And even when I rename the camera it says the same,. I think that happens when I do it with the objects attribute editor open.

So these errors can be ignored then, isn't it? :lightbulb

Just wanted to on the safer side, I don't want any surprises from Maya when I open the scene I worked on to render.

Thanks a bunch guys. Appreciate the help :)

govindk
02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
This error is not affecting my renders in anyway, but I would Like to know why this error pops up when I create a renderLayer and every time I select the renderLayer I created. It happens for new scenes and any renderLayer I create.

// Error: Invalid use of Maya object "shot_camera_04". //

Its not only for my new camera, I get this error for even perspective camera

// Error: Invalid use of Maya object "persp". // :surprised

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.