PDA

View Full Version : shadows on cgfx shader

traltixxx
11-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Hi,
I'm using maya 2012 in linux and I'm learning how to write cgfx shaders. I've watched a couple of cgbootcamp tutorials (that seemed to still work) and I was trying to see what I can get away with in viewport 2.0 since there seems to be alot in there already built-in realtime (e.g. motion blur).
I noticed that when I create poly planes/spheres normally without assigning it any shaders the shadows from one object to another are casted correctly in the right places in realtime but when I use the cgfx shader from the tutorial or the one from leocov ( http://media.leocov.com/blog/cgfx/lcUberShader_3.0.cgfx ), the shadows on the objects with those shaders dissapear. I've searched in google on how to do this but I can't find any way to make the shadows appear for any light or is it not possible yet to do so? Or is there an option somewhere that I'm missing that allows this? ( My test scene has a spot light that has the depth map shadows enabled )

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2011, 01:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.