PDA

View Full Version : xsi3.5 and new mouse problems

Talos
11-10-2003, 05:43 AM
well i got this Logitech MX500 mouse, and this thing has 8 buttons, and it seems that its not working the same as a normal 3 button mouse with xsi... i can't save camera position and what not... selections when i need to use the middle click...

anyone using this mouse?? and how did you get it to work?

Cinematography
11-10-2003, 06:18 AM
"well i got this Logitech MX500 mouse, and this thing has 8 buttons"
LOL!!! WHAT?!?! :D
That has got to be the coolest mouse ever.

XSI was made for a three button mouse. You could probably correct your problem by going to the mouse settings and defining which of the 8 buttons you want to be your left/middle/right button.

Talos
11-10-2003, 07:31 AM
lol ya its a really slick mouse i love it :applause:

thx ill try that, totally forgot about that

this is the mouse :drool: photo (http://www.westium.com/images/logitech_mx500_optical_mouse_big.jpg)

wurp
11-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I got one of these too, all I had to do to make it work is to assign the buttons correctly in the mouseware driver window. Anyway, try to assign tools such as select edgeloop to those small buttons, it speeds up workflow a LOT and makes good use for those extra buttons too :)

Talos
11-11-2003, 12:33 AM
i tryed it but it doesn't seem to work......

what did u assign urs to?? mind taking a screen shot?

wurp
11-11-2003, 12:54 AM
I just assigned one of the thumb buttons to be used as middle mouse button, I feel using the wheel as a button doesnt make sense. The problem for you is that even if you assigned one of the buttons to act as middle mouse button it wont work? Did you try if it works in other applications? Also, did you download the latest drivers from internet?

Talos
11-11-2003, 03:11 AM
got the newest driver and it works great now thx.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.