PDA

View Full Version : Off topic: Windows 7 constantly accessing hard drive

zoharl
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi,

Did you notice that on win7 (I use 64bit) the hd led is constantly blinking, which means that the OS is constantly wearing the HD by accessing it? It's something related to the system process, and it even occurs in safe mode, so I don't think it's a third party software problem. I am wondering if you experienced this problem as well, and it's really a windows problem, and if you have any solution for this?

LegoBlock
11-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I've had similar problems on Vista 64 bit. Do you have indexing on? I turned of all of windows' automatic indexing, and that reduced the hard drive usage for me.

zoharl
11-04-2011, 12:04 AM
I limited the indexing to the start menu. But even if it was turned on over the whole hd, it should have finished after a few hours.
Also you didn't tell me if on your win7 the hd led is at rest. Concerning your visat, after you stopped the indexing, was the hd led in a complete rest?

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2011, 12:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.