PDA

View Full Version : Painter Classic startup error?

geoff3dnz
11-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a new laptop and decided to install painter classic on it - the version that came with my (now kinda old) Wacom Intuos tablet.

When trying to run it, I get the error that there is not enough ram to run Painter. I have 1 Gb of ram, with no other apps running.

Can anyone help? I've tried searching Corel's knowledge base but couldn't identify any solutions. I can't get any help from Corel directly, as painter classic doesn't have tech support.

The thing is, I can't register the software (can't run it to find out the serial number) so I can't upgrade to 8. Which is what I was going to do...

:shrug:

EDIT: Ok, about the registration thing, I installed it on my old machine - which works fine, so I have got the serial number and have registered it with Corel... I'm still not going to touch 8 until I understand what's going on, though ;)

Jinbrown
11-10-2003, 06:49 AM
Hi,

Painter Classic, at least Painter Classic 1 which was based on Painter 5, doesn't recognize more than 512 MB of RAM.

There's something you can do and I don't even want to try to explain it because I'll probably goof it up.

Best thing to do is to post your question on the:

Corel Painter Newsgroup

Add Server: cnews.corel.ca
Subscribe to: corel.graphic_apps.painter

This problem has been discussed a zillion times and someone there should be able to tell you exactly what to do.

Good luck,

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.