PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ and DFX at the same time???

Ikarus
11-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Currently running DFX+(modules 1&4)/Lightwave upgrade. I've been going through most of the courseware material from DFX+ and everything is great. Only thing is a couple of chapters deal with the reamining modules, such as particles, more color corrections, ultra keyer, etc. I plan on upgrading to the remaining modules in the next couple of months, but in the meantime would like to complete and finish learning the rest of the chapters from the courseware materials.

Is there a way to try the rest of the modules. I read somewhere it said to download the DFX demo to try them out before purchase. Does anybody know if I can have both DFX+ and the DFX demo installed at the same time without any problems? What are the limitations on the demo? does it expire in a couple of days/no saving, etc.?

Anybody know how long the $995 special on the rest of the modules will last for the DFX+(module 1&4)/Lightwave deal?

Hugh
11-09-2003, 11:59 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about the DF demo..... I don't think there's such a thing as DFX ;)

I don't know about them running together, but I can tell you about the limitations of the DF demo (DFD)...

1) You can open DF files in DFD, but you can't open DFD files in DF
2) When you render in DFD, you get a "Digital Fusion" watermark on the screen.

And... well, I think that's about it.... You can still save, and I don't think it's time-limited.....

If you want to try out the other modules, I'd definately suggest looking at the demo

Ikarus
11-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Hugh
I'm assuming you're talking about the DF demo..... I don't think there's such a thing as DFX ;)
Yeah I meant the DF demo. Thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything on Eyeon's website about having them both installed at the same time and/or if any problem would arise.

LyonHaert
11-10-2003, 06:07 AM
It'll be fine. I had the DF Demo installed first, then installed DFX+, and there's not problems. I've even had them running simultaneously to rebuild a couple comps I'd done in the demo since any flow saved in DF Demo will only open in DF Demo.

Ikarus
11-11-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by LyonHaert
It'll be fine. I had the DF Demo installed first, then installed DFX+, and there's not problems. I've even had them running simultaneously to rebuild a couple comps I'd done in the demo since any flow saved in DF Demo will only open in DF Demo.

Thanks, can't wait to try the new tools :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.