PDA

View Full Version : Still: lego car

needed
11-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone !

i made this model some time ago (for basically rendering tests), but i saw a lego car in the gallery and tought i'd post mine as well. dont' take this too serious please.. :p

http://www.freeweb.hu/danielboros/cgtalk/legolight.jpg
http://www.freeweb.hu/danielboros/cgtalk/lego1.jpg
http://www.freeweb.hu/danielboros/cgtalk/lego2.jpg

lulaassassina
11-09-2003, 08:36 PM
love it, man...

faux-pas
11-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Im sorry, but this looks too real. got some wires? If this is a render then good job:applause:

malkavian2003
11-10-2003, 12:50 AM
I really like this. pretty simple. but your renders really look nice. the 3rd one has alot of personallity. I would love to see the 3rd one in an enviroment, or mabye with just a "real" floor texture (carpet or something). 4 out of 5 from me.

inaktive
11-10-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by faux-pas
Im sorry, but this looks too real. got some wires? If this is a render then good job:applause:

you know you did your job when......

JPPLAY
11-10-2003, 03:28 AM
Good job. Lets see some wires.

hypercube
11-10-2003, 08:55 AM
Great stuff, really has the look and feel nailed, especially the clear pieces, those are really kicking ass. The micro gaps between the bricks add a heck of a lot to the realism as well. :thumbsup:

I too like the third pic with the little guy..maybe add some tools?

I'd say the only thing you're missing is the lego mark on top of each bump, and on the wheel hubs and tyres..unless they're getting washed out by the lighting or jpeg compression.

Also an area light type shadow falloff might be nice, though as much light as is hitting it, can buy the hard shadows locally.

needed
11-10-2003, 09:24 AM
here are the wires: (not very optimised though..:rolleyes: )
http://www.freeweb.hu/danielboros/cgtalk/wire1.jpg
http://www.freeweb.hu/danielboros/cgtalk/wire2.jpg

yeah, i wanted to make some tools as well and maybe an animation, but i lost interest. also i didn1 bother with the lego emblems

Phrenzy84
11-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by hypercube

I'd say the only thing you're missing is the lego mark on top of each bump, and on the wheel hubs and tyres..unless they're getting washed out by the lighting or jpeg compression.

not all lego pieces have that.

Great renders. My favs the seond one. The caustics looks spot on.

Keep up the great work.

GFX-Arts
11-10-2003, 09:32 AM
great work :), really realistic

needed
11-10-2003, 05:45 PM
http://www.freeweb.hu/danielboros/cgtalk/finalm.jpg

one more picture, thanks for the replies, cheers
daniel

bobvork
11-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Damn! that last one looks even better than the ones in your first post! keep up the good work...
btw: would love to see this little car animated :)

Dennispls
11-10-2003, 06:23 PM
im impressed by the proportions they all seem right
very good job

zionlocke
11-10-2003, 07:24 PM
yeah! the last image reminds me of when i used to play at my friend's house. he had a huge lego city with roads. I really like the octane guys!

leigh
11-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Those are great renders! Your plastic shading is superb (especially the windscreen) - I have to admit that until I scrolled down and saw the wires, I also wondered if they were perhaps photos :blush:

Very cool work, I loved Lego as a kid :)

RobW720
11-11-2003, 12:04 AM
hehe, brings back memories... little truck, grey road... good work, dude!

graffb
11-11-2003, 05:41 AM
:thumbsup:
Nice material!

Hun text: Jó a kép! Láttam már de ez az utolsó is jól néz ki! Jó ez a V-Ray is! :)))

Sas.hun
11-11-2003, 05:58 AM
Hi!
Very coool rendering!!:thumbsup:
I love LEGO! :wavey:

malkavian2003
11-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Thanks for putting that last image in a enviroment. the caustic's shadow has a bit of a dithering problem, or it could be the jpeg compresstion. superb work. If i could put the bounce ball here i would.

charithmax
11-11-2003, 06:52 AM
wow! thats cool man ! good lighting but i think u should add decorate the enviornment a bit(just an idea!)

keep the good work going!:thumbsup:

rrobert
11-11-2003, 07:23 AM
WWOOWWW! nice :thumbsup: How did you create that wonderfull and realistic reflection on the windscreen? you used Max and Vray right?

I created a legotruck too a while ago.. One of those technical ones. Guess it needs a little bit improvement! :p :)

needed
11-11-2003, 07:38 AM
wow, so many replies with a dull model.. :)
about the renders i have to say that vray does most of the work. i tweaked a bit with the plastics though, otherwise i just set up some black and some overbright cards + i'm useing the uffizi hdri and an omni light. too bad i only have the demo :)

Pttr
11-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Really cool renders! Did you model the car with Leo CAD?

Edit: Maybe stupid question but... How'd you make those wireframe pictures? Vary cool! :p

needed
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
hi ! i added some dirt but i don't know if it its done any good..

http://www.freeweb.hu/danielboros/cgtalk/2.jpg

Pttr, what is LeoCAD ?
i made the pics with the vray wire material. (the only way with vray)

bobvork
11-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Hmm, personally I don't think the dirt adds realism or anything... I mean, it's lego, so it's not going to leak oil or something :P

Some more people or other cars would be nice though... Or maybe a pit crew changing tyres or refuelling the car

Ti-Ki
11-11-2003, 12:57 PM
I don't like the dirty version... If think it's because you made the dirt too big, and not to the good places... and the oil thing it's not appropriate (like bobvork already said)

I prefer the version without the "octane" things...

The transparent pieces are really really nice, no crits !

IMO the colored pieces need i little spec and it's almost perfect :thumbsup:

The lego text is a bit strange, in some places i have the impression that the bump is like this (sorry i don't find the words in english)

--__--

They should be like this

__---__

I think you did it right, it's maybe due to the compression or the size of the image :shrug: .

ChrisArt
11-11-2003, 01:18 PM
HA HA

What we should do now is everyone interested should make their own lego car and pit crew and make a full staged lap and audience and make a lego animation showdown. Who has the best lego car in 3D lol. And Race them to death like crashes where all the parts just blows into pieces. That would be sweet and fun.

Great scene by the way, tough I dont mind the dirt for me my lego was more old chewing gum that couldnt be scraped off. Of maybe a bugger (its been a long time since I played with them hahaha)

Good job! :thumbsup:

Zoomie
11-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Oh my god! This looks too real! great!!!!

DoctorStopMo
11-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Awesome work, needed! Must admit that I am a closet Lego-fan :blush:.

Kinjiru
11-11-2003, 07:20 PM
OMG!

TOO real!! :D

excelent!!!

:buttrock:

blindsleeper
11-11-2003, 07:37 PM
awesome stuff here... the lego kingdom will rule forever!!!!!!

mayhemation
11-12-2003, 12:54 AM
this is excellent, looks so real. i thought it was a photo too until you posted the wire image. to obtain such a realistic effect did you use specific types of textures, lighting or envirnment ?

well done.

viper11885
11-12-2003, 01:00 AM
that is really really good.. it's so simple but you did such a good job with it..

wish that you would spend a bit more time and make an awesome animation!

TheShaddix
11-12-2003, 01:33 AM
needed, this is amazingly real stuff. Id never say it's CG, but u know, nowadays you cant even tell if it's real or CG. Have you tried to show it to the LEGO company? This is a great piece of work; it deserves to be shown everywhere.
Yo, it would kick more ass if you modeled their technics stuff, Or at least more complex Lego systems, because that car, even thought it's good, is not that interesting. But i think if u modeled something that realistic, you now have no limitations man.

sixthe45
11-12-2003, 05:26 AM
A fantastic render. :eek:

hackie
11-12-2003, 06:14 AM
i'm lovin' it!!!
nice execution!!!!!

needed
11-12-2003, 07:56 AM
thank you everyone for your sweet comments. :)

Quizboy
11-13-2003, 07:17 AM
i think the dirt's hilarious...and please do stick with simple LEGOs, that's the fun of it. In fact i'm going to try to make my own.

I could use some help with your explanation of the HDRI rendering process which you used.

facial
11-13-2003, 12:51 PM
:) I love these images, nice work, and make me remember my childhood. Maybe you will make a move with this kind of idea. LoL
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.