PDA

View Full Version : CGI Series/Movies: Star Trek: The Breen War (HELP NEEDED)

[nx]
11-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Hello, I'm the webmaster for The Breen War.

We're currently in need of modelers and animators (preferibly both ship and character), or this project will go down the tubes. ANY help would be appreciated, even one model. Please contact me by e-mail or msn (nx@swgn.cc) or AIM or YIM (razielnok)

Or you can contact the Executive Director by e-mail or msn (manticore350@hotmail.com)

Keiyentai
11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
If you want help man your going to have to shed a bit more light on what exactly you are doingand what you want done.

Manticore Falco
11-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Hi, I'm [nx]'s boss.

Basically, we were planning to do an animated series based on Star Trek.

However, while I'm a pretty good animater and pretty durn good FX artist (in MAX at least) I'm not as good at modeling and work slowly, and can't texture worth anything. So when all the modelers helping me went inactive, well, CGI work slowed to a grinding halt. It went so far that I canceled the animated aspect to focus on the scripts, sort of like another fanfic at the forum this is based at.

However, [nx] didn't feel like accepting the inevitable, and I must confess, I didn't dissuade him much. ;) He's posted a thread at 3dbuzz, where we were directed here, and we've already got one new modeler from his efforts.

Join TBW, the most ambitious fan project on the web. You know you want too. ;)

softdistortion
11-10-2003, 03:01 AM
You said "CGI work slowed to a grinding halt" I assume that means you got started? Lets see what you have so far, if it's good, it will likely generate a bit more interest here.
I'll keep an eye open for your work.
:thumbsup:

Manticore Falco
11-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Well, most of it's locked on the computer of one of our very busy ex-modelers who's almost never online. :(

But I'm currently in the process of converting Paul Trenkler's (Isidor's) Sovereign to our purposes, which is muy fine in scene lighting!

And we do have permission to do that. ;)

mastermesh
11-18-2003, 07:11 PM
hope you have the ok from the Star Trek copyright holders to do this project... if not, you could be looking at a serious lawsuit if you continue on with this project...

mastermesh
11-18-2003, 07:20 PM
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/help/faqs/faq/597.html

Manticore Falco
11-18-2003, 07:43 PM
Your link didn't work BTW

As long as we don't make any money and have a huuuuuuge long disclaimer stating that we don't own Trek and it's owned by Paramount bladdy bladdy bladdy we should be all set.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.