dreamz
11-09-2003, 11:57 AM
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/091103-lost.jpg

howdy, this is my first contribution,
to tell a story and evoke an emotion,
hope it will be worth the forum theme ;0]

Garma
11-10-2003, 10:05 AM
First off I'd like to attent my fellow posters on the fact that fanboy comments are not allowed in this and the focused critiques forums. Check the forum rules :) Ok on to the image. It's a great mood, I love the colours. What program did you use and is it all handpainted? Great work. However.

- I can see you overlayed the girl on the background. This looks very distracting, especially the planet on her forehead :)
- she looks a little too clean. Add some flaws to her face, it will make her less godlike, she is some kind of spirit now.

dreamz
11-10-2003, 11:51 AM
hi Garma, thank u so much for asking, this work is a digitalphoto freehand painted with ps7 and elements with optical mouse, and yes the intent was to show her spirit when she's lost, thank u for your suggestions always appreciated ;0]

Drakaran
11-15-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm confused by the white dots... ya know, I would be really tempted to make em little air bubbles, like she's underwater, drowning in her dispair OR turn em into snow flakes and make a hint of winter in the background. I really like the face, it's the detail stuff that doesn't really add anything. Very moody piece otherwise and nice comp.

Cinematography
11-26-2003, 12:44 AM
I do not believe that there is much wrong with this image at all. If you were trying to exemplify an emotion through an abstract image, I strongly believe that you succeeded in doing so. I love how your use of the cool blue, contrast, and curve guides my eye in a very subtle way over the subject. Unlike many of the images that I have seen, I found this one quite comforting to look at. My favorite part would have to be the eyelashes. They’re so – so dark against her very pale face. They were the first things that I noticed when I looked at this image. My only suggestion is that you may want to add a little more detail to her lips. Other than that, I think you did a very nice job.

niut
12-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Really nice! I like a lot! I feel something! Great!

Keiyentai
12-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Wow. Simply Amazing like the rest...

dreamz
12-30-2003, 02:35 PM
thank u ;0]

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.