PDA

View Full Version : PyQt Tutorials

ehulser
10-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey everyone - I just wanted to share some tutorials I am working on for developing with PyQt -

http://bitesofcode.blogspot.com

I don't really know if this is the right place for them, so apologies if not, but I couldn't find a more general scripting area for this stuff.

Feel free to comment here or on the blog if you have any thoughts, questions, better techinques, etc.

Eric

PS: Moderators - has there been any calls for making a Scripting/Pipeline section thats not necessarily application specific? I would be interested in being involved in that if there is a need for it - I think it could be a useful forum.

Thanks!

beaker
10-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Have you tried you examples with Pyside at all? I should look and try them first but just thought I would ask. :)

Oh and btw, there are barely enough posts to keep this graphic programming forum around. I don't think splitting specific pipeline/scripting forum will add much.

ThE_JacO
10-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey Eric,
Hey everyone - I just wanted to share some tutorials I am working on for developing with PyQt -

http://bitesofcode.blogspot.com
Thanks for that

I don't really know if this is the right place for them, so apologies if not, but I couldn't find a more general scripting area for this stuff.
Anything development related interesting to developers or want-to-be developers fits in here. Tools requests, job postings, and stuff like that from non-developers are the only things not suitable.

PS: Moderators - has there been any calls for making a Scripting/Pipeline section thats not necessarily application specific? I would be interested in being involved in that if there is a need for it - I think it could be a useful forum.

Thanks!
Most developers are app agnostic enough, or have the ability to be, and as Beaker mentions this forum isn't high traffic enough, that we've never felt the need for more granularity. I honestly can't see it changing any time soon :)

ehulser
10-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh interesting - I've been coming here a lot and I actually never clicked on this forum because I thought it was more dedicated graphics development.

I'll be sure to use it more often then - but maybe the title also detracts others from chiming in? I dunno - maybe its just not as many developers as artists on cgtalk.

Anyways thanks!

@beaker -

In the first post I mentioned that the tutorials are only PyQt based - I'd love to start testing them with PySide (I've only played a little with it) but the studio's I've been at weren't ready to make the switch, so as such I haven't had much R&D time with them. I know there will be a lot of differences, and I'll prolly have to go back through the tutorials when I get some PySide experience, but right now I don't know enough about it to really make a comparison.

One of the guys here at Dr. D pointed out the memory WA_DeleteOnClose doesn't seem to work with PySide in the Show vs. Execute post, so I put a note about that in there.

If you are using PySide and find any differences, feel free to post some comments on the blog about it so others using PySide can learn too.

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2011, 11:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.